Legend

cscotthendry

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many kids get their presents in boxes THIS big?

Congratulations to Scott and Chris on the birth of their amazing new Legend.

We look forward to heaps of great new 'Flying Around' videos in the newie.

We, your erstwhile Skyranger mob, trust you won't leave us behind in your wake. ;-)

Some scenes of the grand unboxing at YCNK featuring Chris & Scott, Ed & Greg:

1532532271_LEGEND001.jpg.ec147fede801624631480fe408e3248c.jpg

557401167_LEGEND000.jpg.e2fa9caa37376d75042e8ef293201e17.jpg

908594427_LEGEND002.jpg.0791b80ced0a46665e7ca7dea3eaf8bd.jpg

399980850_LEGEND006.jpg.ba7a38c26d8c91f389758219cfbda593.jpg

1403764395_LEGEND010.jpg.91da0c307f5fe6d445799a35d088801e.jpg

278996621_LEGEND020.jpg.140d6984dabe06672698d8a8a9ede5d3.jpg

412907038_LEGEND015.jpg.e71bf842cff6bc560f0580458a432b1c.jpg

1539605540_LEGEND016.jpg.2450d4ad0555f4502ea7a0edc559c46f.jpg

355047233_LEGEND013.jpg.aff6797ad40f42535d7f4ed346ea89c1.jpg

427310986_LEGEND003.jpg.1960eacb64ac1b790bf36e60d9cd78eb.jpg

1714997964_LEGEND024.jpg.8138e80cf8b90da4e407141ae9d8d5ad.jpg

272622565_LEGEND026.jpg.394895f265281a549911b62204fada81.jpg

1379982094_LEGEND031.jpg.9aa221b1142ba20a260cf0ec02427cee.jpg

1159730618_LEGEND008.jpg.a9ca2dd09ee3588ff5e31d147e0fc581.jpg

383080712_LEGEND018.jpg.430db6c526d50d1e9ff26669ae8306ef.jpg

• Like 4
  • Winner 2

FT:Yep, been doing that and getting in everyone's way. It has been a long wait while our plane was built to our specs and shipped out here. Now we're like a dog with two tails, not knowing which one to wag first.

I reckon I could hear the sighs of relief on opening the box from here.

• Agree 1

Thanks all for your very positive sentiments. We are tickled pink and eager to show it off to any and all who are interested.

Gary: What great shots! Thanks mate for doing that. We're really stoked with those pics.

We could hardly forget our Skyranger origins. Hope you get your baby back flying soon.

Thanks all for your very positive sentiments. We are tickled pink and eager to show it off to any and all who are interested.Gary: What great shots! Thanks mate for doing that. We're really stoked with those pics.

We could hardly forget our Skyranger origins. Hope you get your baby back flying soon.

Hi Scott

Looks great and great you have her unloaded. Enjoy the flying and look forward to any videos etc and look forward to catching up at a flyin in the future.

Regards

Mike

• Like 1

What a great time in your life, Scott and Chris, a new beginning of so many adventures.

The smile on your face says it all.

What a proud moment seeing your pride enjoy as you open the container doors.

Look forward to catching up next week.

Graham and Val.

• Like 1

Again, thanks everyone for the encouraging words.

G: Yes looking forward to catching up with you two next week. Looks like the wings will go on Monday. Then we will head home and let Ed and Greg get on with the registration and test flights. Then we will fly back down here, do some familiarisation and the fly home. The list of people here that I need to take up is getting longer by the day. The people at Cessnock have been so helpful and friendly.

An especially big thanks to Keith Rule who is looking after the minor repairs to the roof of the plane that was damaged in transit. A HUGE thank you to Gary Kildea who has been photo documenting the arrival and doing an amazing job of it. And last but not least Ed and Greg from Silent Wings.

How did the wing mounting go? Did you get to fly the Legend? Are there pictures and videos? The suspense here is killing me! = )(just registred to ask this - the Legend looks like a super sweet airplane!)

We did get the wings and everything else on. We haven't flown it yet as it is not registered, but we did take if for a short taxi ...015_yelrotflmao.gif.6321765c1c50ed62b69cf7a7fe730c49.gif

Yes there are pics and lots of video to come. GarFly came and took some amazing video footage. We also had stationary cameras in a couple of places. I will post the pics when I get home in the next couple of days.

We are very pleased with it and can't wait to fly it home.

Not a pic of the completed aircraft but the best I can do for now. The cameras are all packed in the car for a quick getaway back home tomorrow.

image.jpg.88bdadcc9dca07da7181db253eaf6a0e.jpg

• Like 2

Nice! Can't wait to see some more pictures, videos, and hearing your experiences from your first runs. I'm curious, with the yoke (is it a full size yoke similar to a Cessna, or a miniature one? Might be the shape that makes it look smaller in pictures), can you still rest your wrist on your lap and leisurely control the aircraft like you do in a stick operated one? Such an adventure just getting the aircraft home, and what a promise for adventures to come! I'm so envious of you = )

Nice! Can't wait to see some more pictures, videos, and hearing your experiences from your first runs. I'm curious, with the yoke (is it a full size yoke similar to a Cessna, or a miniature one? Might be the shape that makes it look smaller in pictures), can you still rest your wrist on your lap and leisurely control the aircraft like you do in a stick operated one? Such an adventure just getting the aircraft home, and what a promise for adventures to come! I'm so envious of you = )

Kristoffer:

I think the yoke is slightly scaled down. In fact most aspects of the plane are scaled so that everything looks proportionate in the pics. In spite of that, the seats are uber comfy and fit well even for a six footer like me. I had Aeropilot lower my seat so that I would have plenty of headroom and plenty of viz out of the side windows. I think the stock configuration would have worked also, but I like the lowered seat better.

My last plane had a central stick, so I've never been able to rest my arm on my lap the way you do with the stick between your knees. With the Legend, the door has an armrest so I might get away with resting my arm there and controlling the plane ... We'll see.

image.jpg.0bfc87535fcdf644f26066b4a0b166a1.jpg

image.jpg.423c7a851969313bce33d9655df9f2a3.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Legend of Kitty Hawk is now at her new home Watts Bridge

image.jpg.cadb238f83dc20d529bdf65add23525a.jpg

Today we had perfect weather for the flight from Cessnock to Watts Bridge. We stopped over in Inverell to visit Vince and his Nynja. Thanks to Vince for his hospitality. And thanks to Greg, Ed, and Keith Rule at Cessnock and all the Cessnock crowd for extending the hand of friendship to us, but most especially to Garfly for all that he did to help us and documenting the arrival of our new baby.

• Like 3

Welcome back Scott, I'm looking forward to checking her out.

Thanks Bob. It feels good to be back at Watts Bridge. Mostly we enjoyed our stay at Caboolture and made several new friends over there, but Watts Bridge feels like home for me, flying-wise.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Bob. It feels good to be back at Watts Bridge. Mostly we enjoyed our stay at Caboolture and made several new friends over there, but Watts Bridge feels like home for me, flying-wise.

Hi Scott are you getting good flying weather; you would be enjoying your flying in the new spirit.

Cheers

Mike

Mike:

We have had a few teething issues, so we haven't flown the new plane as much as we'd hoped to at this stage. One of the issues was a clunk in one of the main LG wheels. We eventually traced it to a loose wheel bearing due to the socket in the hub being slightly oversize. We put some bearing retaining Loctite on it and the noise seems to have gone, but we're not sure if it is a permanent fix. In any case, the dealer has arranged for a replacement wheel to be sent from the factory.

There have been some other minor things to take care of, all of which take time to resolve, but nothing serious or major.

Having said that, we are delighted with the build quality of the plane and the finish. We're also happy with the performance. It cruises around 110kt at 5,000 RPM and although it is a European design, it hasn't got the cooling issues that I feared.

We are also very happy with the assistance we've been given by the dealership. They have firmly had our backs every step of the way from the time we ordered the plane, through the configuration process, shipping, delivery and more important post delivery. Most businesses are very helpful when they want your money. It's how they treat you AFTER they have your money that tells the real tale. We cannot speak highly enough of our treatment by Silent Wings and give them a plug whenever we can to repay some of their generosity.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was Invited to go up for a fly in the new Legend at the Gympie Breakfast today, and thought I would put my initial impressions on the Legends site.

After Scott completed the takeoff, we went out to the eastern training area at 3,500, we were flying in reasonably moderate thermal conditions which really showed up the aircrafts ability to cope with these conditions with relative ease.

Slow flying was a delight and was surprised how efficient this aircraft is, I reduced power to 4,200 rpm and maintained straight and level at 85 kts.

Minimal rudder required in the turns and general handling was crisp and predictable throughout the flight, the aircraft felt solid and stable in all the manoeuvres we covered over this short flight.

Scott did the approach and landing which again showed how well behaved this aircraft is.

Although similar to my Tecnam , the Legend has that race car feel and definitly more like a sailplane to fly, very light on the controls, yet just right.

Cruise was easily attained at 100-110kts with 4,800 but due to the turbulence we stayed under 100 kts

A delight to fly and something you could fly for hours and get out refreshed and relaxed.

Thanks for the ride Scott, look forward to the next invite.

Graham Puk

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1