Jeremy Clarkson suspended from the BBC. . . .

Phil Perry

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trick is picking evenly sized salmon portions and gently massaging them with olive oil, before lightly seasoning and frying gently over medium heat.

I think it's wonderful being so open about your life choice Marty.

Now excuse me, gotta go kill a wild boar with my bare hands to get some bacon for the woman to cook.

• Informative 1

Phil, The ABC is often referred to as the ALPBC, just as bad as the BBC. However, they are funded by the public purse, no ads, no license fee. They bite the hand that feeds them daily, but claim they are immune from budget cuts.

Any reasonably balanced media outlet might be considered "leftie" by those immersed in Murdoch's message.

• Agree 2

Yes they are, but maybe not quite as bad and it is unacceptable for a tax payer funded organisation. One thing is painfully obvious ALP supporters love them.

Perhaps an oversimplification, Teck. Who can we trust? Our commercial media dare not upset the big end of town; their sometimes outrageous bias in favour of Big Coal and against renewable energy is not in our best interests.

The ABC is not perfect but far more trustworthy than Murdoch's minions.

• Agree 2

Phil, The ABC is often referred to as the ALPBC, just as bad as the BBC.

Often referred to as "The GayBC".

Well Sunday been and gone - Top Gear gone and 4 million viewers gone ; 5.4 million for TG Vs 1.3 million for replacement show.

Maybe Clarkson is in fact bigger than the BBC. I bet his phone has been busy from other networks and production houses as all 3 Presenters contracts were up in 3 months time anyway.

• Caution 1

Fixed Planey. Apologies to Matthew Kucks of QLD for borrowing the registration of his Cessna 140. I'll change my signature to something else soon, Tony making a dick of himself is so common now that it's not worth commenting on.

Dunno how you'd transpose the meaning of that Sig to a helicoptery description, . . .I've got a few hours in R22s, but never tried to jam anything down really,. . . maybe, er, dump power, dump Collective, cyclic hard back in yer guts . . . would that work,. . . it'd probably descend, but it doesn't really roll off the tongue for a snappy signature line I suppose Planey. . . . . rather similar to most humourous one liners,. . .if you analyse them too much, they cease to be as amusing I suppose. . . . . anyhow, since I don't watch the Australian Government TV channel, ( do you have one ? ) I can't comment about Tony Abbottt, nor any other politician for that matter. Even SO,. . . I understood where you were coming from Marty ! . . .

Phil ( Mr. sometimes nicebloke. . .)

** Edited to add. . . * I really ought to change my signature lines, they're beginning to bore me now,. . . . but YOU BLOKES have nicked all the good ones. . . . .

Dunno how you'd transpose the meaning of that Sig to a helicoptery description, . . .I've got a few hours in R22s, but never tried to jam anything down really,. . . maybe, er, dump power, dump Collective, cyclic hard back in yer guts . . . would that work,. . . it'd probably descend, but it doesn't really roll off the tongue for a snappy signature line I suppose Planey. . . . . rather similar to most humourous one liners,. . .if you analyse them too much, they cease to be as amusing I suppose. . . . . anyhow, since I don't watch the Australian Government TV channel, ( do you have one ? ) I can't comment about Tony Abbottt, nor any other politician for that matter. Even SO,. . . I understood where you were coming from Marty ! . . .Phil ( Mr. sometimes nicebloke. . .)

** Edited to add. . . * I really ought to change my signature lines, they're beginning to bore me now,. . . . but YOU BLOKES have nicked all the good ones. . . . .

Sorry Phil it might be a bit vague - as you'd know Australian civilian aircraft have VH registration numbers (equivalent to your "G-"). So I was trying to make a humorous political/aviation statement by saying that the PM is the jammed-down elevator on VH-LNP (Liberal/National Party - yes it's ironic that the conservative party in Australia has "Liberal" in the name).

Planey pointed out that VH-LNP is the registration of a helicopter, which obviously doesn't have elevators. So to fix it I had a quick search of the aircraft registration site and changed it to VH-LIB, which is apparently a Cessna 140, which should have elevators.

That's it in a nutshell, really. Until I can come up with the next pithy comment to use as a signature.

• Informative 1

Sorry Phil it might be a bit vague - as you'd know Australian civilian aircraft have VH registration numbers (equivalent to your "G-"). So I was trying to make a humorous political/aviation statement by saying that the PM is the jammed-down elevator on VH-LNP (Liberal/National Party - yes it's ironic that the conservative party in Australia has "Liberal" in the name).Planey pointed out that VH-LNP is the registration of a helicopter, which obviously doesn't have elevators. So to fix it I had a quick search of the aircraft registration site and changed it to VH-LIB, which is apparently a Cessna 140, which should have elevators.

That's it in a nutshell, really. Until I can come up with the next pithy comment to use as a signature.

I soloed in Australia ( to convert to an Aussie PPL, ) in a C-150, I think the rego was something like VH-KQM . . .My WONDERFUL instructor ( and I say that meaningfully ) Alan Baskett, said, after I'd explained that out UK PROPER registrations had FOUR letters,. . .that this one stood for K ills Q uite M aniacally . . . ( ! ) I told him I'd be very careful in that case,. . . .( it was a pussycat ) after a few months, I wanted to sample the "Heavies" so he checked me out in a C-210 labelled VH-IWK . . .he said, now watch yourself with this one Phil me boy, . .It doesn't say "IT WILL KILL" for nothing mate ! ! ! ! Following this,. . . was the Cherokee Six 300,. . . . so he loads up the back four seats with the biggest, fattest bunch of Aussie beer drinkers I'd ever seen,. . . for the "Load Check". . . . . .( Swine. . .)

What a lovely bloke. . . .

The trick is picking evenly sized salmon portions and gently massaging them with olive oil, before lightly seasoning and frying gently over medium heat.

Deep frying,. . . or fried on a barbie type plate mate,.. . . . . tell me more,. . . .I love colinr. . .culrinar . . .colinear,. .. . oh bugger,. . .advice on cooking stuff. . . . .

I soloed in Australia ( to convert to an Aussie PPL, ) in a C-150, I think the rego was something like VH-KQM . . .My WONDERFUL instructor ( and I say that meaningfully ) Alan Baskett, said, after I'd explained that out UK PROPER registrations had FOUR letters,. . .that this one stood for K ills Q uite M aniacally . . . ( ! ) I told him I'd be very careful in that case,. . . .( it was a pussycat ) after a few months, I wanted to sample the "Heavies" so he checked me out in a C-210 labelled VH-IWK . . .he said, now watch yourself with this one Phil me boy, . .It doesn't say "IT WILL KILL" for nothing mate ! ! ! ! Following this,. . . was the Cherokee Six 300,. . . . so he loads up the back four seats with the biggest, fattest bunch of Aussie beer drinkers I'd ever seen,. . . for the "Load Check". . . . . .( Swine. . .)What a lovely bloke. . . .

When I was 20 and about 20 hours past soloing, I took my parents and one of mum's friends for a scenic flight in a C172. Trouble is, dad was about 55 kg and wanted to sit in the front (he couldn't see over the dash anyway so I don't know why), whereas mum and her friend were both on the... er... weighty side, wedged into the back.

The flight was uneventful, but I wiped out the tail tie-down ring on landing.

So yes I hear your pain about the rugby team in the back.

I'm glad to see Clarkson getting his Lawyers onto the "Jimmy Seville" comment, really a dog who said that and needs to be dealt with.

The comment will also backfire for the BBC bringing in sympathy for Clarkson.

QUOTE="Marty_d, post: 482839, member: 7951"]When I was 20 and about 20 hours past soloing, I took my parents and one of mum's friends for a scenic flight in a C172. Trouble is, dad was about 55 kg and wanted to sit in the front (he couldn't see over the dash anyway so I don't know why), whereas mum and her friend were both on the... er... weighty side, wedged into the back.

The flight was uneventful, but I wiped out the tail tie-down ring on landing.

So yes I hear your pain about the rugby team in the back.

HAHAHAHA . . . . One day,. . .when I've had enough Barossa Valley liquid product,. . .I MIGHT tell you TWO really good reasons not to smoke cigarettes whilst flying in an aeroplane. . . . . . . old story but true. . . . ( honest. . .)

Phil the smoke. . . .

• Like 1

So another hour or two Phil?022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif I'll keep an eye out for it:private eyes:

Not tonite SDQ,. . . . . got to dig through my old logbooks to find the details,. . . got to be ACCREATE here ( ! ) there are people watching this forum who were there at the time, and I don't want to be accused of romancing the stone, ( well, not TOO much anyhow ! ) ( cheating tonight anyway, I've got some Chateu la faite semmilion rouge to try out. . . . ) I have not one but TWO living witnesses who know about the upcoming tale,. . .Alan Baskett, and David Squirrell . . . . . so correctness is important, . . . . as, due to my advancing years the memory etc. . .etc. . .etc. . .

Philtheromancer

• Like 1

I'm glad to see Clarkson getting his Lawyers onto the "Jimmy Seville" comment, really a dog who said that and needs to be dealt with.The comment will also backfire for the BBC bringing in sympathy for Clarkson.

Rumours abound that the comment was made by the Luvvie Leftie BOSS of the BBC. . . . . . but he's deying it,. . .which means it's more than likely the truth. . . . . the bloke has been gunning for Clarkson for a while, and made no secret of the fact to lower management. . . . . says a lot dunnit. . . . . ANYWAY,. . .on a lighter note, JC HAS been reinstated and is Chairing an episode of "Have I got news for you" on BBC telly in the next week or so. . . . . . .THAT WILL be a really good one to watch, as his two best friends and permanent team leaders on the show, Ian Hislop and Paul Merton, will rib him INTENSELY about the current situation, as they are similarly invulnerable to upper management, and get away with murder on that show. . .tee hee hee. . . . .

oh no, more bad news chaps! can this week get any better, oops I mean worse! what a tragedy no clarkson, no top gear festival.

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/jeremy-clarkson-suspension-puts-bbc-top-gear-festival-in-australia-under-a-cloud-20150319-1m2qac.html

maybe nigel is free?

Daz you are ripe for recruiting to ISIS, who also don't like political correctness and tolerance for idiots

Nah I would become a member of the Knights Templar , I would never ever join ISIS. Since there was a change of government in Israel yesterday. Watch this space, ISIS should be very worried.

• Haha 1

Nah I would become a member of the Knights Templar , I would never ever join ISIS. Since there was a change of government in Israel yesterday. Watch this space, ISIS should be very worried.

Both organisations are extinct, or will be soon.