Low flying penalty

port arthur "massacre"

NO dna

NO ballistics evidence

NO id until bryant was shown in the paper

NO coronial inquest (illegal under Australian law)

shot witnesses who knew bryant who were shot point blank said it wasnt him

previous cafe owner who knew bryant said it wasnt him

code brown hospital training on at the exact same time with all the countries best doctors in tasmania

.223 AR15 & .308 SLR supposedly used yet doctors were pulling pellets from victims? (see news reports)

tas govt buys PAHS months before shooting

tas govt buys an F250 morgue truck, 22 bedder, the highest capacity in the country for the smallest state and offers it for sale soon after massacre

ALL "evidence" sealed for 50 years

bryant with "retard iq" shoots 25 in 29 seconds?

bryant left handed, shooter was right handed

only cops called away on fake drug bust that turned out to be soap before shooting and were stuck over a bridge and couldnt get back

it goes on and on and on, and they took our guns for it, thats a nanny/police/commy state....last post i promise, feel free to continue talking crap

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i can safely say that half the people posting in this thread are users of "twitter" 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gifi fear for this country, the arrogance and stupidity is amazing. im not going to post in this thread again so feel free to talk all the **** you want

Hey,. . .come on Acro,. . . . you don't dive out the window just because people disagree with your take on a subject . . . . since joining this forum I've personally disagreed with lots of things but would rather discuss, even in deep detail than bail out. And I don't consider myself a sheep either. . . . It's also very easy to get pulled into side issues which then open a Further can of worms. . . especially when things get a bit heated, and I can feel the heat in this one all the way down here in darkest, coldest Cannock.

Oh, and by the way, it seems that you and I have a pet hate,. . ."TWITTER" . . .never logged onto it, . . .seen all the absolute crap and brutish childishness on it,. . when I see twitter posts copied and posted onto forums that i do VISIT,. . . you can't express a proper opinion in 140 chrs,. . .not possible. Troll Central. In fact, I was very late getting ONLYNE on the interwebby thing in the first place, and it just confirmed my original view that you could easily get annoyed by people all over the world, instead of just down at the Dog and Duck over a pint or two. . . .was I wrong ?

Kind regards,

Phil

• Like 2

Guest Andys@coffs
port arthur "massacre"NO dna

NO ballistics evidence

NO id until bryant was shown in the paper

NO coronial inquest (illegal under Australian law)

shot witnesses who knew bryant who were shot point blank said it wasnt him

previous cafe owner who knew bryant said it wasnt him

code brown hospital training on at the exact same time with all the countries best doctors in tasmania

.223 AR15 & .308 SLR supposedly used yet doctors were pulling pellets from victims? (see news reports)

tas govt buys PAHS months before shooting

tas govt buys an F250 morgue truck, 22 bedder, the highest capacity in the country for the smallest state and offers it for sale soon after massacre

ALL "evidence" sealed for 50 years

bryant with "retard iq" shoots 25 in 29 seconds?

bryant left handed, shooter was right handed

only cops called away on fake drug bust that turned out to be soap before shooting and were stuck over a bridge and couldnt get back

it goes on and on and on, and they took our guns for it, thats a nanny/police/commy state....last post i promise, feel free to continue talking crap

Lets step up a level......To me it matters much less as to who (singular or plural) pulled the trigger, of whatever gun(s) were used. The fact is, unarguably, that a heap of innocent people died....... You can look for fault all you like in the investigation and try and draw conspiracy here there and everywhere...but the dead are still dead!!! I believe I have seen reporting in the media (so yes some caution needed in taking that as absolute fact) that the amount of guns in Australia today is far in excess of the number prior to the massacre being discussed...perhaps its time for a repeat of the government actions.......

Andy

Suggestions like yours are what I was posting about Andy. Someone starts the ball rolling and next thing we all have our guns taken off us.

In looking back on the last buy back:

The career criminals who always bought untraceable guns usually from overseas haven't missed a beat.

The two compartment safes required have probably prevented many suicides and family deaths.

The people who brought their gun home after fighting for their country with no intent of ever using them probably suffered more post traumatic stress than they needed to.

I think there are less guns than before because legal shooting areas have really tightened up, and Police statistics would confirm either way.

Murders have continued on, but are often carried out with knives these days.

The real key, controlling the people who, unlike almost all of us, who tip over from reality to the point where they can kill someone, still has a way to go. My family doctor at the time told me fixing the problem was easy;if compulsory reporting by GPs was brought in almost all the misfits would be identified and could be dealt with.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Guest Andys@coffs

Tubs

As I said I don't know if the statement there are more is true or not, I doubt that any one member of the general public could ever know. I accept that people who care less about the law will continue to be unaffected by changes in the law, because legislation can never cause observation of legislation. I mean if the Death Penalty doesn't make people follow the law then there is no sanction available to step up to....

But easy availability of weapons to cause accidents and on the spur crimes is the one area where legislation can have an impact. My comment that it might be time to repeat was a throw away line.....if the controls that were introduced to prevent those on the spur incidents or accidents are still appropriate and effective then nothing more probably needs to be done......

Im not sure I agree with your last statement........"Identified and dealt with" I suspect the devil is in the "dealt with" statement how exactly? Mental health is an area of medicine that isn't well funded today let alone to be able to deal with a step increase in activity....although in thinking further perhaps our entire prison system is just a very poor extension of the mental health treatment regime.......

Andy

TubsAs I said I don't know if the statement there are more is true or not, I doubt that any one member of the general public could ever know. I accept that people who care less about the law will continue to be unaffected by changes in the law, because legislation can never cause observation of legislation. I mean if the Death Penalty doesn't make people follow the law then there is no sanction available to step up to....

But easy availability of weapons to cause accidents and on the spur crimes is the one area where legislation can have an impact. My comment that it might be time to repeat was a throw away line.....if the controls that were introduced to prevent those on the spur incidents or accidents are still appropriate and effective then nothing more probably needs to be done......

Im not sure I agree with your last statement........"Identified and dealt with" I suspect the devil is in the "dealt with" statement how exactly? Mental health is an area of medicine that isn't well funded today let alone to be able to deal with a step increase in activity....although in thinking further perhaps our entire prison system is just a very poor extension of the mental health treatment regime.......

Andy

I just thought the post was too long, so used dealt with.

I was saying to the family doctor that quite often trained Psychiatrists and Psychologists can't pick one of the people who are over the edge enough to commit murder. He responded that the family doctor has usually known for years.

So my "dealt with would be:

(a) Following a compulsory report block the person from owning/obtaining the weapons (with suitable natural justice)

(b) Treat the mental condition of the patient

Lets step up a level......To me it matters much less as to who (singular or plural) pulled the trigger, of whatever gun(s) were used. The fact is, unarguably, that a heap of innocent people died....... You can look for fault all you like in the investigation and try and draw conspiracy here there and everywhere...but the dead are still dead!!! I believe I have seen reporting in the media (so yes some caution needed in taking that as absolute fact) that the amount of guns in Australia today is far in excess of the number prior to the massacre being discussed...perhaps its time for a repeat of the government actions.......Andy

really? the media states there are more guns now than before the Port Arthur thing and you think they have the right to take them?

there are more guns now, but being uninformed you fail to realise they are not centrefire self loading but mainly bolt action c/f and bolt/pump action rimfire, but the government being full of knobs like you banned pump action shot guns yet allowed pump action rifles which have a much greater range and stopping power....

i think you people are under the illusion that the government got all the firearms in 1996? see most people dont go and kill others with firearms, the government does that (through army, police etc), most pre 96 firearms are still out there, then add imports (they check 1/100 containers), firearms made here etc.

for example norinco imported 600,000 sks (chinese ak-47) in the early 90's and only about 80,000 were handed back in, these sold for $150 in a wooden crate with ammo, another example is in nz no guns are registered and you can buy anything from an ak-47 to an uzi, and where are the mass shootings? they dont exist

Andy, I agree with you on

see most people dont go and kill others with firearms, the government does that (through army, police etc), most pre 96 firearms are still out there

020_yes.gif.58d361886eb042a872e78a875908e414.gif

Frank.

Suggestions like yours are what I was posting about Andy. Someone starts the ball rolling and next thing we all have our guns taken off us.In looking back on the last buy back:

The career criminals who always bought untraceable guns usually from overseas haven't missed a beat.

The two compartment safes required have probably prevented many suicides and family deaths.

The people who brought their gun home after fighting for their country with no intent of ever using them probably suffered more post traumatic stress than they needed to.

I think there are less guns than before because legal shooting areas have really tightened up, and Police statistics would confirm either way.

Murders have continued on, but are often carried out with knives these days.

The real key, controlling the people who, unlike almost all of us, who tip over from reality to the point where they can kill someone, still has a way to go. My family doctor at the time told me fixing the problem was easy;if compulsory reporting by GPs was brought in almost all the misfits would be identified and could be dealt with.

I think you maybe right there....inasmuch as the problem is the people, not tools they use. We have a mental health system that cant do anything until someone does something illegal, and we have a family law court so biased, that most men can lose everything they have (including kids) and everything they're going to have, on the "say so" of a woman, and the regulators think they can fix it with firearm laws and domestic violence laws.

I did read an interesting article the other about the roots of our type of governance,where the default is always "no". Apparently it started with some governor not long after the Brits moved here. His concept was that the average Joe couldn't be trusted to do the right thing ever, and everyone must be tightly regulated an punished for even looking like they could break a rule, rather than have loose rules and punishing only those who did something actually harmful to society. He has a lot to answer for. Acro is right in that we are way over regulated, and ridiculously so.

• Like 2

Over regulated and ridiculously so?.......... I`ve been saying that for many years! It has just kept getting worse.

Because of the ever increasing regulations, it became harder and harder for me to legally farm Sugar Cane,here at home, on our 100 ha property. Didn`t need to keep working my ar#e off, so, I stopped farming, retired and now I have more time to go flying.

I reckon it will get worse before it gets better, if it ever does.

Frank.

• Agree 3
  • Winner 1

Guest Andys@coffs

Over regulation is rarely fixed correctly by replacing it with no regulation........ People will always consider the system wrong more than right because the average position of just the right amount must by definition have a chunk of folk thinking too much and equally a chunk thinking too little.....

Over regulated and ridiculously so?.......... I`ve been saying that for many years! It has just kept getting worse.Because of the ever increasing regulations, it became harder and harder for me to legally farm Sugar Cane,here at home, on our 100 ha property. Didn`t need to keep working my ar#e off, so, I stopped farming, retired and now I have more time to go flying.

I reckon it will get worse before it gets better, if it ever does.

Frank.

It's the equivalent of turning the tap on to wash the dishes without draining the sink first.

We have a growing mountain of legislation with very little effort at deleting or slightly adjusting the old.

I'm in favour of a rule which says for every new piece of legislation introduced and old one must be thrown out.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

It's the equivalent of turning the tap on to wash the dishes without draining the sink first.We have a growing mountain of legislation with very little effort at deleting or slightly adjusting the old.

I'm in favour of a rule which says for every new piece of legislation introduced and old one must be thrown out.

thats better

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Over regulation is rarely fixed correctly by replacing it with no regulation........ People will always consider the system wrong more than right because the average position of just the right amount must by definition have a chunk of folk thinking too much and equally a chunk thinking too little.....

its always the closet communists that want everything controlled, live and let live

I remember buying meat, when the local butcher shop had sawdust on the floor and a big wooden block to chop the meat on. The meat was then wrapped in paper and string tied around the paper, what I don`t remember, is, anyone getting sick from eating the meat.

One needs to ask the question, Why are so many people getting sick these days?

Frank.

I don't know about the meat but seafood is kept till it's nearly "high" before you get it. The butcher's block can be a source of botulism? Half warm or undercooked chicken is dangerous. if you have a very acid stomach that can help from food poisoning.. It's pretty easy to poison hundreds of people in the catering business. Nev

• Agree 1

I remember buying meat, when the local butcher shop had sawdust on the floor and a big wooden block to chop the meat on. The meat was then wrapped in paper and string tied around the paper, what I don`t remember, is, anyone getting sick from eating the meat.One needs to ask the question, Why are so many people getting sick these days?

Frank.

mass immigration, importing disease strains that we have no defense to

for example meningococcal A has always been present and harmless, immigration has brought a new strain C that kills people, especially kids and we have no natural defense

Guest Andys@coffs

Did a bit of googling to see if it is true that MenC was a function of immigration..........<Sounds of crickets!>

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neisseria_meningitidis) has this to say about the subtypes......

Subtypes[edit]

Disease-causing strains are classified according to the antigenic structure of their polysaccharide capsule.[citation needed] Serotype distribution varies markedly around the world.[8] Among the 13 identified capsular types of N. meningitidis, six (A, B, C, W135, X, and Y) account for most disease cases worldwide.[9] Type A has been the most prevalent in Africa and Asia, but is rare/ practically absent in North America. In the United States, serogroup B is the predominant cause of disease and mortality, followed by serogroup C. The multiple subtypes have hindered development of a universal vaccine for meningococcal disease.

At this website:- http://www.meningitis.com.au/about_meningitis/meningococcal_meningitis.phtml it had this to say about Australia....the most common in Australia being meningococcal group B and C. which seems to leave your A subtype unmentioned...........<Ding Ding Ding...BS Detector alert!!!!>

At this one:- http://www.meningitis.org/disease-info/types-causes/meningoccal-disease which deals with UK/ Ireland low and behold Subtypes B and C seem to be the cause of the majority of issues......Anyone seeing a pattern here......

So Bottom line, I cant find anything that supports your assertion that immigration was the cause of MenC in Australia....Care to provide some sources that will back that claim up?

This vic gov website http://ideas.health.vic.gov.au/bluebook/meningococcal.asp had this to say (Last para being of greatest import I think):-

Public health significance & occurrence

Invasive meningococcal infections occur in endemic and epidemic forms. In Australia epidemic disease has not occurred for many years. Endemic disease is at low levels of incidence and cases are generally unrelated to each other. Despite this, invasive meningococcal disease is of public health importance and is frequently a cause of public alarm and receives a high level of media attention.

Meningococcal disease characteristically has a seasonal pattern with a peak of incidence in the winter and spring months. Although the reasons for this seasonality are not clear, there is evidence that influenza virus or Mycoplasma pneumoniae infections may predispose to invasive disease and that closer personal contact or lack of ventilation may facilitate transmission of meningococci.

The three major serogroups of meningococci cause different patterns of disease. Serogroup A meningococci cause outbreaks of infection in areas such as the meningitis belt of Africa where the incidence of meningococcal infection rises sharply towards the end of the dry season and declines rapidly with the onset of rains. The epidemics occur in 8–14 year cycles. Since 1990 New Zealand has been experiencing an epidemic of serogroup B meningococcal disease. Age-standardised rates for Maori and Pacific Island people were three and six times higher respectively than for the European population. Serogroup C meningococci are usually associated with sporadic disease but can cause small or large outbreaks. Attack rates for serogroup C are between those seen with serogroups A and B.

Meningococcal disease has had cyclical peaks of incidence. Notification of ‘meningitis’ reached a peak of 33.1 cases per 100 000 in 1942 (2371 cases) as part of a pandemic of serogroup A disease during World War II. Apart from another peak of activity in the early 1950s, there was a steady decline of notifications to less than 0.5 cases per 100 000 in 1987. The notification rate for meningococcal disease to the National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System (NNDSS) has been slowly increasing over the past 10 years from 1.6 per 100 000 in 1991 to 3.1 per 100 000 in 2000. In 2002 there were 129 notifications in Victoria (1/3 of the national total) of which 47 were serogroup B and 72 were serogroup C.