Savannah S dream machine

Guy s

Hi Skee,All wheels are identical and I think it a case of having the extended luggage and no chute or if you have the chute you have to do away with the extended luggage compartment. I was playing with he idea of putting a chute in but decided on the extended luggage. If i decided to put a chute in at a later date then I guess I'll have to put a false wall in.

I think Mark Kyle has both an extended luggage compartment and a chute. May be check with him?

Hi Skee,All wheels are identical and I think it a case of having the extended luggage and no chute or if you have the chute you have to do away with the extended luggage compartment. I was playing with he idea of putting a chute in but decided on the extended luggage. If i decided to put a chute in at a later date then I guess I'll have to put a false wall in.

I think Mark Kyle has both an extended luggage compartment and a chute. May be check with him?

Yes Hank I have all the brackets made as with the extended baggage area you have to mount the chute half way back. Not really a drama though. They modified the straps and added 2 more that go around the undercarriage now so I have to get those straps soon and fit them as I will be ordering the chute fairly soon

Mark

Yes Hank I have all the brackets made as with the extended baggage area you have to mount the chute half way back. Not really a drama though. They modified the straps and added 2 more that go around the undercarriage now so I have to get those straps soon and fit them as I will be ordering the chute fairly soon

Mark

Yes Hank I have all the brackets made as with the extended baggage area you have to mount the chute half way back. Not really a drama though. They modified the straps and added 2 more that go around the undercarriage now so I have to get those straps soon and fit them as I will be ordering the chute fairly soonMark

dont forget the wodden frame ;)

Yes Hank I have all the brackets made as with the extended baggage area you have to mount the chute half way back. Not really a drama though. They modified the straps and added 2 more that go around the undercarriage now so I have to get those straps soon and fit them as I will be ordering the chute fairly soonMark

dont forget the wodden frame ;)

I would be interested in seeing your Savannah when you have it fitted out with the chute Mark. and how it all goes in and fitted.

I'm hoping to do some travelling with the Missus when I get my Savannah finish but she not that keen on flying, but she likes the idea of the Chute and will do some cross country trips with me if fitted. On saying that I took her for a fly from Lismore in search of whales and then we landed at Evanshead, we walk into town and had lunch and a stroll along the beach before flying back home. She thought that as pretty cool and maybe I just need to do some more short trips to get her comfortable with it all.

But I still be interested in seeing how it all goes together and what's involve in doing so.

I would be interested in seeing your Savannah when you have it fitted out with the chute Mark. and how it all goes in and fitted.

I'm hoping to do some travelling with the Missus when I get my Savannah finish but she not that keen on flying, but she likes the idea of the Chute and will do some cross country trips with me if fitted. On saying that I took her for a fly from Lismore in search of whales and then we landed at Evanshead, we walk into town and had lunch and a stroll along the beach before flying back home. She thought that as pretty cool and maybe I just need to do some more short trips to get her comfortable with it all.

But I still be interested in seeing how it all goes together and what's involve in doing so.

. On saying that I took her for a fly from Lismore in search of whales and then we landed at Evanshead, we walk into town and had lunch and a stroll along the beach before flying back home. She thought that as pretty cool and maybe I just need to do some more short trips to get her comfortable with it all.

It sounds like you had a lovely day, Guy. It is such a nice part of the world (my son lives in the Clarence Valley very close to the river). It is nice way to get used to flying for anyone who may be initially reluctant. 020_yes.gif.58d361886eb042a872e78a875908e414.gif

• Informative 1

. On saying that I took her for a fly from Lismore in search of whales and then we landed at Evanshead, we walk into town and had lunch and a stroll along the beach before flying back home. She thought that as pretty cool and maybe I just need to do some more short trips to get her comfortable with it all.

It sounds like you had a lovely day, Guy. It is such a nice part of the world (my son lives in the Clarence Valley very close to the river). It is nice way to get used to flying for anyone who may be initially reluctant. 020_yes.gif.58d361886eb042a872e78a875908e414.gif

• 4 weeks later...

The fuselage just leaving for the Spray painters, this was 3 weeks ago and was told it should be ready to pick up tomorrow so pretty excited. It's been a painful run dealing with the Spray painters as it will take longer to get it painted that it took me to build it to this stage. Maybe I just need to take a chill pill chill_out.gif.cee4903a35751abb602feb480645ccbb.gif

I have the UlS Rotax arriving next week and wondering what props people are running in the Savannah's ?

I have inquired about the Bolly In-flight adjustable prop

70 inch= better climb or the 66 inch Bolly with better cruise speed

P8300151.JPG.2efa1fb2eb8b5707bed073850ee5a013.JPG

11999744_752515078227963_4914296502571053517_o.jpg.51c01717b3b74596f03f32479770cea2.jpg

I didnt think Bolly are producing the IFA. I asked a long time ago and they were still developing them. I have the Bolly 72 inch Optima on mine others use the 68 inch. Both seem to work ok although in theory the 72 should give you a wee bit more grunt. I am expecting a lot more when I finally get the new muffler system done

Thanks Kyle and my bad as I meant ground adjustable propellers. Peter at Bolly did say they have scraped the inflight adjustable idea as it was becoming to hard work dealing with and getting approval with Casa.