A320 crash

IRT the moon landings, Stanley Kubrick filmed a 'version' of the moon landings in the Pinewood studio in London. The word on the street is that it was filmed in case the real footage didn't work out.

Who knows ?

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IRT the moon landings, Stanley Kubrick filmed a 'version' of the moon landings in the Pinewood studio in London. The word on the street is that it was filmed in case the real footage didn't work out.Who knows ?

Those clever yanks; somehow they were able to con the operators of all those radio telescopes (eg. Parkes) that Kubrick's movie was coming from the moon.

Those clever yanks; somehow they were able to con the operators of all those radio telescopes (eg. Parkes) that Kubrick's movie was coming from the moon.

On that topic Parkes were recently investigating the potential for alien activity in strange radio signals they occasionally picked up from space, turned out to be from the microwave oven in their kitchen - opening the door before it was finished cooking. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

• Informative 1

What's being a Muslim got to do with it??? the Germanwings co pilot wasn't a Muslim from what I have read...how can you say that, I don't think any of the aircraft incidents that have happened lately can be blamed on the pilot because he may have been a Muslim...David

David,. . . .that isn't what he said. . . - - - - - If I read it correctly he stated that ( and where that came from I hesitate to ask. . . ) the Boss at Airlines of Turkey ( A MOSLEM ( MUSLIM ? ) country,. . .has suggested that his airline pilots GET MARRIED . . .

Now,. . . er,. . . I believe,.. . that that faith does not believe in Gay Marriage,. . . .so that is an immediate problem, finding sufficient qualified Opposite sex pilots to get married,. . . . and more importantly,. . . . since Muslim Men ( Moslem ? ) are allowed ( in some sects ) to have many Wives, it wouldn't then seem a problem to have a suicide pact with his least favourrite Wife,. . .as he'd have a load more to choose from. . . .? and this is where the whole argument falls down. . . . . .not only this, but when he went to heaven following his anti - aircraft Jihad. . .there would be a reduced quantity of virgins available too, so it doesn't really make sense Gnarly. . . . . yeah,. . .that CEO at T.A. has got a good idea there mate. . . . .

Yes and not only that. . . . .on a visit to the Mt. Palomar observatory ten years ago, my mate Chalkie, down at the Hen and Chickens Pub,. saw. . .on the moon. . . .with his own eyes. . .through a Jinormous telescope thingy. . . . all the crap and mess that SOMEONE left behind on the moon's surface when they left,. . . . and my mate Chalkie doesn't mess about, so it MUST be true then. . . .?

David,. . . .that isn't what he said. . . - - - - - If I read it correctly he stated that ( and where that came from I hesitate to ask. . . ) the Boss at Airlines of Turkey ( A MOSLEM ( MUSLIM ? ) country,. . .has suggested that his airline pilots GET MARRIED . . .

Phil, Well I do think he inferred that they should not have Muslim pilots....All I am saying is, is that you better not fly on airlines...like... Singapore/Malaysian/Etihad/Emirates etc if you are worried about Muslim pilots...just fly QANTAS or maybe Germanwings if you would like good christian pilots..I don't believe whether they are married or Muslim or Buddhist is going to make one iota of difference if they have depression or a metal problem and they just want to kill themselves.

All the airlines can do is screen their potential pilots better, more regular testing for personality problems but even that will probably not help if someone really wants to harm themselves... they have had years of hiding it from family and friends...I am not an expert and I really don't know how to safe guard the travelling public 100% from this sort of thing...sorry to say...

David

Phil, Well I do think he inferred that they should not have Muslim pilots....All I am saying is, is that you better not fly on airlines...like... Singapore/Malaysian/Etihad/Emirates etc if you are worried about Muslim pilots...just fly QANTAS or maybe Germanwings if you would like good christian pilots..I don't believe whether they are married or Muslim or Buddhist is going to make one iota of difference if they have depression or a metal problem and they just want to kill themselves.All the airlines can do is screen their potential pilots better, more regular testing for personality problems but even that will probably not help if someone really wants to harm themselves... they have had years of hiding it from family and friends...I am not an expert and I really don't know how to safe guard the travelling public 100% from this sort of thing...sorry to say...

David

OH. . . .BUGGERATION. . . . . . . David, .. .PLEASE . . . .I HAVE NO ISSUE whatsoever . . . .with flying on an airline using pilots who have ANY kind of religious affiliations Sir,. . . . . And I can assure you that I don't give a $hit what colour they are. . ..I was TRYING to be amusing. . . . . ( At my age mate,. . .I have not got much else to offer. . .) This is the way I ALWAYS deal with ANYTHING remotely racist.

It was a Joke, and I'm surprised that you didn't see it as JUST THAT . . . . .I should have ( maybe ) sent this as a PM,. . .but sod it. . . .that's cowardly. . . . .when I fly commercially, . . .which is quite a lot,. . .I don't CARE what the religious affiliations of the flight crew may be,. . .I automatomically assume that they have graduated to be in that front office because, like me THEY LOVE TO FLY . . . and if this is indeed the case, which it is with every pilot I have EVER met,. . . .then I don't have to worry that they might not be qualified to fly Angie and me to the Algarve, . . .or Dalaman in Turkey,. . ., or if they are suicidal,. . . . . if I did,. . .I'd be a complete bloody fool, and wouldn't ever fly commercially.

Come on mate,. . . Please take my comments on this topic in the spirit in which they are intended. . . . .because I refuse to walk carefully on eggshells for anyone.

Kind regards,

Phil

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1

Yes maybe I am a bit slowwwww Phil ... I am sure you understand that when conversing in a subject like this sometimes a

things written are taken the wrong way...like I can't see you wink or smile when you say things..maybe we should all put a smiley at the end of a comment if it is intended to be a joke...especially with topic's like this one..ok all good... 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

We coming to Swindon in July..maybe we can sit down and have a beer and have a chat face to face.. 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

David

• Informative 1

Why recommend the pilots get married? In some cases that is a good reason to suicide or commit murder. Perhaps the older version of a Buddist Monk would be better? Atheists have no invisible means of support, so IF you get one with the right god helping, you get TWO for the price of one. Nev

Yes maybe I am a bit slowwwww Phil ... I am sure you understand that when conversing in a subject like this sometimes athings written are taken the wrong way...like I can't see you wink or smile when you say things..maybe we should all put a smiley at the end of a comment if it is intended to be a joke...especially with topic's like this one..ok all good... 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

We coming to Swindon in July..maybe we can sit down and have a beer and have a chat face to face.. 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

David

Blimey David,. . . trying to think what's around there in the way of cheapo airfields ( ! ! ) . . . there are quite a few I think,. . .My Mate Dave Perry ( no relation,. . .the Airbus jockey, ) lives down there,. . .he's CFI at Old Sarum, or used to be,. . . that's not far from Swindon. . . .have to have a look int the book and see what's closest. . .too late at nite now,. ( after 2 AM ! ) got to get some shuteye. .

Keep me posted on your itinerary . . . . [email protected]

Phil