Next trip

crashley

Hi am planning our next adventure the week after easter . leave YLTV lunch at swan hill overnight at white cliffs onto cameron corner then Birdsville overnight The next day Boulia for lunch and then overnight at Mt Isa

The next stop will be Adels Grove where we will stay a few days after which it is onto Karumba for a night or two The return trip will be via Cloncurry and Winton and Longreach after overnighting at Longreach it is onto Charleville Cunnamulla overnighting again at Lightning Ridge and then home via Temora and Corawa

any comments are welcome

Hi am planning our next adventure the week after easter . leave YLTV lunch at swan hill overnight at white cliffs onto cameron corner then Birdsville overnight The next day Boulia for lunch and then overnight at Mt IsaThe next stop will be Adels Grove where we will stay a few days after which it is onto Karumba for a night or two The return trip will be via Cloncurry and Winton and Longreach after overnighting at Longreach it is onto Charleville Cunnamulla overnighting again at Lightning Ridge and then home via Temora and Corawa

any comments are welcome

Great itinerary.

Not much advice I had no problems with any of the strips you will encounter, bar perhaps Cameron's Corner.

Was after a rain and the previous owner had let it go somewhat. Another visit there I landed at nearby Bollards Lagoon and the pub took us for a hamburger.

Adels Grove is unbelievable. I reckon two days visit to the National park is the minimum, do one day east and the other West. Plenty to do and see. Take water and good hiking boots and camera. Adels have a bus run to the park.

I will try and attach some pics.

PHIL

Sorry, says too large to attach.

Sunset at Karumba is worth a pic.

Hi Phil,

If you are using Windows (any recent version), you can resize using MS Paint. Load the image into Paint and and follow the steps below:

upload_2015-3-26_23-56-56.png.cb5eeff5754e330783881bfa12e8bc4a.png

The above image is 350 pixels wide by 420 high. You can adjust the horizontal size as required. Vertical will adjust automatically to retain image shape.

Sweers Island (in the Gulf 027M 112nm from Adels Grove) is worth a visit if you can afford the time and money. They did a reduced rate for us as we didn't want to go fishing.

Enjoy the trip.

DWF 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Pack good tie downs.....to be sure, to be sure.

Adells have avgas, but cheaper at Burketown. Sweers can have softish sand patches .....can have.

Burke and Wills roadhouse....Undara lava tubes, both have good strips, food, accom etc.....both in the general areas you're heading.

Hells Gate, another place, accom etc......nothing special there, only to say, you've been there.

If you're going to Sweers, have a look at Birri resort...not far away on main island.

We're passing through same areas....again, same time as yourself, might bump into you.

Lastly, pack can of " surface spray " .....spray base of wheels, pegs, etc, overnighting....them mongrel ants move in reeeel quick.

• Informative 1
  • Caution 1

Still playing around to reduce size to post pics.

Just remembered that there was a MAD cow on the runnway at Adels. Tail up in the air and wanted to charge.

I revved up a bit, but only made her madder, I slunk off into the scrub quietly.

Phil

• Haha 1

image.jpg.65dbef0ec083e5473bd60d82fac76d72.jpg

Hi am planning our next adventure the week after easter . leave YLTV lunch at swan hill overnight at white cliffs onto cameron corner then Birdsville overnight The next day Boulia for lunch and then overnight at Mt IsaThe next stop will be Adels Grove where we will stay a few days after which it is onto Karumba for a night or two The return trip will be via Cloncurry and Winton and Longreach after overnighting at Longreach it is onto Charleville Cunnamulla overnighting again at Lightning Ridge and then home via Temora and Corawa

any comments are welcome

G'day Ash , some longish legs in there but all do-able . Nothing I havent done when I was a

"young fella in me 60's ". Have enclosed a few pics of Adels Grove from last trip .... seeing Phil seems to be having er ....'enlargement problems'. I'm sure you and Wendy will find it very relaxing. Sunset is from Karumba , the rest from Adels . You will no doubt recognise the young lady . Note ERSA comments re Century mine .... Bob.

image.jpg.04f7c94f8dd0d9f3778c7b1ecb4ec3ea.jpg

image.jpg.eaa6d023adc8b7b0bc1efbb778671207.jpg

• Like 1