Brisbane West Wellcamp Flyin

WayneL

Wellcamp flyin is planned for the 30th July but not confirmed yet. If it goes like the last flying it would probably be best to fly to Clifton first up for the briefing then we all fly in, most likely mid morning after the RPT's depart Wellcamp.

Wayne.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A flyin to Wellcamp is confirmed for the 30th July 2016. It is hoped that more than last years total of more than 27 aircraft will be able to attend. Further details are not yet available.

Please contact

Kevin McGrath by email at: [email protected] or by phone on 4636 3760 or 0407 627 751

or

James Bange by email at: [email protected] or by phone on 0410 649 414

to register your aircraft for the day.

Wayne

Further update on the fly into Wellcamp. All aircraft must depart from Clifton, Trevor Bange will brief all before a planned departure at 11am EST. There will be a landing fee which is still being negotiated it this time.

• Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...

BRISBANE WEST WELLCAMP AIRPORT FLY IN INVITATION

Fellow Aviators,

You may have heard that Brisbane West Wellcamp airport is now fully functional with its 3,000 metre long runway that is 45 metres wide. Perhaps some of you could land across the runway.

In 2015 members from the Lone Eagle Flying School had the opportunity to fly in to this wonderful new airfield and we graced their airfield with 27 aircraft, all landing within a half hour. The activity was so successful that we have been invited back again this year and to bring our aviator friends.

The date approved by CASA for this activity is Saturday 30th July 2016, from mid morning to mid afternoon to fit in with flight schedules.

You are invited to come and join us for the day at Wellcamp and to partake in the lunch provided. This is a special opportunity to fly into one of the larger international airports in Australia without any controlled airspace requirements. It may even be a one off opportunity, so come one but come all , but lets beat the 27 aircraft numbers from last year and impress the general aviation community.

Wellcamp airfield, which has cost somewhere approaching $250 million to build, is privately owned and is a business venture. We have negotiated a "special deal" which includes the landing fee, parking fee and the finger food lunch. Avgas fuel is available as well if required. Wellcamp airfield is a Security Controlled airfield so if you have an ASIC card please wear it. For those without a card, arrangements will be made to give access to the airport security area. The total cost per person flying in will be $ 25 per person (NOT per aircraft) ( includes landing/parking fee and lunch)

The finger food lunch with be self serve platters of:

Chicken Tandoori Wrap Fresh Sandwiches Caesar salad Station

Gourmet Sausage Rolls Mini Pies/quiches Self- serve tea and coffee

The flying arrangements for the day is that all pilots and aircraft flying in must assemble at Clifton airfield in the morning for a compulsory briefing at 0930, with Clifton departure planned from 1030 hrs. Fuel is available at Clifton. The flight plan route will be Clifton airfield, overfly Clifton township, Nobby, Greenmount, Cambooya, Wyreema and possibly Westbrook before arrival at Wellcamp. The final legs from Wyreema will be advised at the briefing dependant on the weather and known traffic. The aim is for all participating aircraft to arrive in quick succession from about 1100, stay for lunch at 1200, then depart as a group from about 1400 hrs to return to your home destination or back to Clifton. A look around the airport terminal will be enjoyable. Club members are advised that there will be a club meeting at Clifton at 1500 hrs, followed by a camp oven bush meal that night at a nominal cost. Visitors are welcome to join us, but please advise for catering purposes. We are looking at getting media involvement as well for the Wellcamp visit.

Any visitor who would like to come back to Clifton for the camp oven dinner, bring your swag for camping in the hangar (could be cold out under the wing of your plane). If we have sufficient numbers of stopover members and visitors, we will stoke up the BBQ for a quick bacon and eggs breakfast. We will need to know numbers for this also, so let Kevin know that also.

We have to know numbers for catering before the day, so if you are interested in flying in, or driving if your want, you will need to advise one of our co-coordinators Kevin McGrath or James Bange ASAP to register your bookings contact Kevin by email : [email protected] or telephone on : 07 4636 3760 or mobile 0407 627 751 (which is not within signal range a lot of time, especially at night) .

James Bange by email : [email protected] or by mobile 0410 649 414

The information required will be: Pilot Name:

ASIC card holder: Yes or No

Passenger/s Name/s:

Aircraft type:

Aircraft Registration:

Contact Phone Number:

To confirm your booking, you will be required to make payment to the Lone Eagle Flying School by cash, direct deposit or cheque to reach us prior to 26th July 2016. Refunds will not be available if an aircraft cancel’s on the day.

Kevin McGrath & James Bange

Activity Co-Ordinator/s 6th July 2016

Wellcamp Fly In photo July 2016.doc

• Informative 1

The date approved by CASA for this activity is Saturday 30th July 2016

Whilst I agree this is a great club activity, I can't see where CASA approval is required - unless it is just for non ASIC card holders? It is OCTA.

Whilst I agree this is a great club activity, I can't see where CASA approval is required - unless it is just for non ASIC card holders? It is OCTA.

Sorry Frank, can't answer that........just passing on the message about the flyin sent out to club members.

Wayne

I am interested in this one, but the old bugger I want to take out there is not doing real well at the moment. Some of the Clifton people might know him, Alan Eustace.

Anyway, I am going to try and drag him along for this one if he is travelling well enough at the time.

• Like 1

CAO 95.10 section 6.1(d)

CAO 95.10 section 8.1

If this doesn't apply to your aircraft, great!

No I'm not repeating it here. If it does apply then relevant pilots will already know about it.

Also if you have an ASIC you can still drive there and join the group but make your own arrangements first

CAO 95.10 section 6.1(d)

CAO 95.10 section 8.1

If this doesn't apply to your aircraft, great!

No I'm not repeating it here. If it does apply then relevant pilots will already know about it.

Also if you have an ASIC you can still drive there and join the group but make your own arrangements first

Tks. I didn't consider 95.10 in my thinking.

Sounds like a kinda over kill. To highlight some ones importance??

Sounds like a kinda over kill. To highlight some ones importance??

The limitation on flight into an aerodrome that has RPT traffic also appears in CAO 95.55 section 5. This is with regard to post #33.

CAAP 166-1(2) notes CASR137.155 with regard to aircraft (who have "applied" to operate) in the vicinity of RPT.

Applying for an exemption of (for example) 10-, 19-, 25-, and 55- registered aircraft within a time window at a CTAF® aerodrome is totally justified because everyone agrees there will be no RPT aircraft scheduled during the window and the exemption details form part of the required briefing. Overkill, maybe. Its the law.

• 3 weeks later...

What a day for flying. Pretty good turn out, I think they said 33 at the briefing. Lots of interesting aircraft to look at. I have been eyeing of the drifters for a while, so it was good to get up close and have a good look at them also.

Nice airport, not much there for GA or RAA people, but great to have a look and also fun to land on a near 3km runway! Not everyday you get to do that!

Well done to the organisers, I thought it was a bit odd that they sent the fast aircraft off last (I though there would be issues at YBWW) but it all worked out well in the end.

• Like 1

"Gourmet Sausage Rolls". I want to know too. I'm still 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif about missing out so I'm asking because I want to know. Needed to get there a week earlier as it turned out.

• Caution 1

Was a great day Pearo, sorry I missed talking to you today. I was there in the yellow and pink parasol. Landed on the displaced threshold and off at the first taxiway, 7th to land but 3rd plane to park!

Wellcamp wanted us all in within a half hour time slot last year hence the slowest left first. Don't know why this year but it did feel more relaxed as we had the option of more turnoff taxiways this year. Last year there was only one taxi way available.

We were lucky with the weather considering the recent winds and rain on previous weekends. Will post some photos later.

• Like 1

Was a great day Pearo, sorry I missed talking to you today. I was there in the yellow and pink parasol. Landed on the displaced threshold and off at the first taxiway, 7th to land but 3rd plane to park!Wellcamp wanted us all in within a half hour time slot last year hence the slowest left first. Don't know why this year but it did feel more relaxed as we had the option of more turnoff taxiways this year. Last year there was only one taxi way available.

We were lucky with the weather considering the recent winds and rain on previous weekends. Will post some photos later.

I was not criticizing the depatures from Clifton, I just thought it was odd, but on arrival at YBWW it was clear that it was a good idea! I was surprised at how little conflict there was given the number of aircraft flying in. I was sweating bullets with the amount of traffic, but it was a good experience. I had a commercial pilot in the right seat, so I got a lot from today.

I think I was third last in at Clifton, we were a little delayed because we noticed that YAMB became active just before departure so decided to check what areas where active. I checked NOTAMs before I left and it was inactive, but the NOTAMs issued at around 0800EST showed it active. I got cleared direct with minimal delay. I think (know) a few people busted it, hence the reason I always say dont trust ozraunwys or notams, but call BNE centre first. Those who busted it, if you are not a regular offender they are more interested in educating you than stopping you flying so don't stress about it to much.

And the "Gourmet Sausage Rolls" were pretty good facthunter and mnewbery!

• Like 2