PM Tony Abbot eats raw onions ??

Phil Perry

Breaking news. . . .

On a recent vist to Tasmaina ( Geez,. . .I always thought that was the name for a tropical disease . . . ) Mr Tony Abbot PM,. . . was seen to pick up an onion and eat it as you would an apple.

One reporter stated that " He didn't even peel the dry skin off the outside of the thing before eating it ! !". . . Mr Abbot later ate yet another onion, stating that he . . . . . liked Onions. The onion farmers will be delighted about this.

Well,. . . . so what ? I've been eating onions like apples for years, although it did create some consternation at my infants school when I took one in my lunchbox every couple of days,. . .and I don't mean those wussy mild Spanish onions either. . .I like the real strong ENGLISH variety ( don't know the latin name for that but it probably has one,. . maybe something like, . . . ONIONUS POMMIUS STRONGTASTIUS or something. . .I dunno )

Do any of you other colonials eat onions I wonder ? ? ? ( Come on Marty,. . . you're a Taswegian, . . .you must have crashed in a few onion fields in your time and had to eat your way out . . .? )

• Like 1

My neighbours' wife has this weird behaviour also.

Er,. . . . .Skeptic,. . . .do you get that close to the poor woman that you can smell the Onionus Australianus Strongtastius on her breath ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I'd better not ask any more searching questions. . . . . .

• Haha 1

I've been a smoker nearly all my life ( started at age around nine Y/O ) but it never,. . .excuse me. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . salright,. . .just coughed up another piece of lung. . . . . .

My Avmed doctor said recently that my cancer was all gone,. . .I said "How. . .? " he said,. . .you killed it with smoke. . . . .

DID YOU KNOW. . . . .

I read recently in the interwebbythingummy ( so it MUST be true ) that if you regularly eat a fruit called a Guiania , known in the British Isles as "CUSTARD APPLE" that this will cure many types of cancer ? ? ? ? I've heard of them, they have various names in different parts of the globe, but My Mum remembered them and said they taste a bit like coconut,and are all green on the outside, shaped like a lime / mango, but having more mass than an average Orange ? ? ? ? My local fruiterer says he can get them, so I'm waiting to see what they actually taste like. . . . .aparently, if you de-juice them they are really GREAT when mixed with vodka. . . . . .

Happy days. . . .

• Caution 1

After a lifetime of grabbing the first onion in the basket, I found out recently that red onions are for cooking and white onions are for eating raw, as in salads. Somehow I missed that in my education. I wondered why my curries varied in onioniness..

• Informative 1

Custard apple. Delicious, much better than a raw onion and I wouldn't waste one on Tony Abbot. The one I am thinking of is Anona species and grows well in the sub tropics.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I used to love onion sandwiches in Australia but as I got older they would give me stomach aches, Chinese onions do not.

Supposed to be very good for you, same family as garlick I believe (?).

Breaking news. . . .On a recent vist to Tasmaina ( Geez,. . .I always thought that was the name for a tropical disease . . . ) Mr Tony Abbot PM,. . . was seen to pick up an onion and eat it as you would an apple.

One reporter stated that " He didn't even peel the dry skin off the outside of the thing before eating it ! !". . . Mr Abbot later ate yet another onion, stating that he . . . . . liked Onions. The onion farmers will be delighted about this.

Well,. . . . so what ? I've been eating onions like apples for years, although it did create some consternation at my infants school when I took one in my lunchbox every couple of days,. . .and I don't mean those wussy mild Spanish onions either. . .I like the real strong ENGLISH variety ( don't know the latin name for that but it probably has one,. . maybe something like, . . . ONIONUS POMMIUS STRONGTASTIUS or something. . .I dunno )

Do any of you other colonials eat onions I wonder ? ? ? ( Come on Marty,. . . you're a Taswegian, . . .you must have crashed in a few onion fields in your time and had to eat your way out . . .? )

Hey Phil...roll it in Vegemite I am sure that would slow you down a bit

Hey Phil...roll it in Vegemite I am sure that would slow you down a bit

I roll almost everything in Vegemite, and it's UK mate Marmite ! ! ! plaster it on toast, . . although I'm having difficulty getting Veggie, now that the local corner shop had been taken over by Poles,. . .what's Polish for Vegemite ? anybody know ? ? ?

Probably ends in "Ski" . . .woops,. . .don't want to get labelled a "Wordist" . . . .

Marmite here does not taste much like Vegemite Phil.....something to do with the yeast extract that Kraft has some patent on. Dick Smith foods tried his version called Ozemite...tastes more like Marmite or Promite than Vegemite and is not very successful. Dick's peanut paste and Tomato sauce is great though

Marmite here does not taste much like Vegemite Phil.....something to do with the yeast extract that Kraft has some patent on. Dick Smith foods tried his version called Ozemite...tastes more like Marmite or Promite than Vegemite and is not very successful. Dick's peanut paste and Tomato sauce is great though

I hope ypu don't misunderstand me here mate,. . .I get ORIGINAL vegemite, from approved sources. . . . . AND IF THEY'VE CHANGED THE FORMULA,. . .then I've got no way of knowing, but they certainly have NOT changed Marmite . . . .!

Thanks for the heads up mate ! ! !

Breaking news. . . .On a recent vist to Tasmaina ( Geez,. . .I always thought that was the name for a tropical disease . . . ) Mr Tony Abbot PM,. . . was seen to pick up an onion and eat it as you would an apple.

I was wondering why you were calling me an onion farmer in another post!

Must've missed that news item. I reckon some staffer told MisteRabbott that Tasmania is "the Apple Isle" so the silly bugger just assumed anything round was to be eaten skin and all. Bet those onions would've caused some bubbles in the budgie smugglers.

I was wondering why you were calling me an onion farmer in another post!Must've missed that news item. I reckon some staffer told MisteRabbott that Tasmania is "the Apple Isle" so the silly bugger just assumed anything round was to be eaten skin and all. Bet those onions would've caused some bubbles in the budgie smugglers.

No, his staffers were better informed. He suggested organising a lunch beside the Derwent, but they said

"Forget it, the only thing they understand is 19th Century here, so you'd be better just to eat a raw onion to impress the locals with your empathy.

"Oh, and eat the skin too, don't forget the Greens support."

• Haha 1
  • Winner 1

Couple of things wrong with your theory TP...

1) Tony Abbott showing empathy

2) Tony Abbott organising anything

3) Tony Abbott listening to advice.

Better come back with a new one.

• Haha 1

Pochwy silne

Thank you muchly PA. while you're at it, can you translate "Dark chocolate digestive biscuits, .. Large free range eggs,. . Oven cleaner and Australian dry white sparkling plonk please mate ? ? Oh yes,. . .and of course. . . .MARMITE.

Thanks. ( my google translate is on strike ) Phil

"Dark chocolate digestive biscuits

herbatniki gówno

Large free range eggs

jądra

Oven cleaner

kobieta

Australian dry white sparkling plonk

zimne dziewice sikanie

MARMITE

angielski mini pilota znak

• Agree 1