Cabernet Sauvignon - Health Alert ! !

Phil Perry

Sorry to hear about the loss of your mum-in law mate, when I was there a couple of years ago, it was nothing but rain and fog so you would have been better off enjoying a pint of Watney's warm beer in the pub anyway.

Thanks for the kind words Planey,. . . . but I don't think you'll find a Watney's brand beer in the UK nowadays, when I returned from OZ in '83 it no longer existed. Probably swallowed ( no pun intended) up by the larger breweries which are mainly American owned now. . . . . and we've just had six days of lovely balmy weather,. . . clear skies and lots of flying, but it's OK, we're back to normal this weekend with temps back down to sensible UK levels, ie, 7 deg C, high winds and rain on Saturday and Sunday, then on MONDAY. . . .back to work. . .it's forecast as clear skies and 17 C. . . . . .can't win.

Hi Phil,I'm from Vermont, off Morack Rd near the secondary college. Casey Field went under a few years ago.

If you Google 'Berwick', and look on Google Earth, you can see the old runways, but there is a factory complex, and a campus of Monash University there now. Adjacent to the Princes Freeway Berwick Bypass.

Hiya Peter,. . . .I lived in Mitcham Road, No 523,. . .an old Victorian house divided into 2 units,. . . . had a gorgeous deaf lady living in the other half, which was good in a way, as she never complained when I played loud rock music, or plugged the gibson les paul guitar into my 100 watt marshall stack and vibrated the foundations a bit,. . .she did ask If we'd had a mild earthquake last night a couple of times though,. . . .

yes, I've "Google Earthed" Casey Airfield, and you can just about see where runway 30 / 12 was. . . .with the new bypass, it was hard to see, initially where the site actually was. . . shame that,. . .wonder what year it closed down ? . . . I gather that Elsa Hatfield is still around but Keith isn't. . . . . and one of the pilots I knew back then, who has posted on here, Baron Von Eric,. . .is now livving in Obamaland. . . . . Johnm was there around the same sort of time too I gather, but I can't remember him. . . . . he'll have to give me some dates and other memories to concentrate the remaining grey matter,. . .not much of it left now I'm afraid. . . .

Phil

Hi Phil,

A bit of research has revealed that Casey Airfield closed in 1994.

As for Mitcham Rd, I attend the local Men's Shed with a guy from 525, opposite corner, but he has only lived there 7 years. 523 is now a brick veneer building used as a speech therapy clinic.

Watneys. Yuck.

I was stationed just outside London in the army. Watneys country, and I only ever drank one pint of the rubbish. My father had a Whitbread pub near Hastings and that was a good brew, but Guinness or Worthington were better. Now I hardly ever touch beer, but a wine goes down well at dinner. When I did the drivers licence medical I put down that I had a drink every day. No problems.

• Like 1