Go Flying Australia Show Episode 6 Released - PPL in the UK

What would you like to hear on the show?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to hear on the show?

• PPL Training
    • RA Training
    • Pilot stories / How people got started in Aviation
    • Fly ins
    • New Aircraft
    • Flying Tips / Airmanship
    • Safety
    • Regulations / Rules
    • Aviation books and movies
    • Buying an Aircraft
    • Kit Building
    • Other - Send me a Private message

The 6th episode of the Go Flying Australia Show was released yesterday!

I would love to hear any feedback on the shows so far, i.e.: what do you want to hear more of?

On todays episode I talk with Carl Stebbings who is a UK based Student Pilot (PPL), Aviation Enthusiast and host of the Plane Talking UK Podcast.

[MEDIA=audio]http://traffic.libsyn.com/goflying/Go_Flying_Australia_Podcast_006__UK_Student_Pilot_and_Plane_Talking_UK_Host_Carl_Stebbings.mp3[/MEDIA]

Click here for the Ep 6 show notes

Link to Itunes to listen for Apple device users

Previous Episode Links:

Episode 001 – Flight Training Experiences with Adam Yavner (Private Pilot)

Episode 002 – Circuit Training and Procedures

Episode 003 – Kit Building Tips

Episode 004 – Australian Lightwing designer – Howard Hughes

Episode 005 – Interview with Peter Counsell – Trike (Microlight) Pilot and owner of TrikeMag

Thank you so much to all of the forum members who have contacted me with their feedback so far.

I would love to hear some feedback!

I would love to hear any feed back (both good/bad) by the following means:

- Comments below this post

- Direct Message on the forum

- Comments function on my website www.goflying.net

- Contact form on my website

- twitter

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Cheers,

Adam

Photo of Carl with the C-150 he is training in.

• Like 1

Adam

Firstly, good work on the Go Flying Podcasts.

A few suggested topics:

As you are in Canberra, why not see if you can get some interesting discussion from some of the key RA Aus folk.

Michael Linke. As the new CEO he seems very keen to communicate with members (newsletter etc) why not offer the opportunity for him to be heard by members. Perhaps a chance for him discuss his views on the future, how we can grow RA AUS, what members can do to help, interaction with CASA, impact of new RPL etc

Jill Bailey. RA AUS Operations Manager. A woman making a big impact in a very male dominated pursuit, what has her path to one of the most senior and important roles been. What are the challenges for RA AUS and its members. What would her key messages to members be, what does she feel are the most frequently or critically misunderstood operational issues.

Ian the Site Administrator for Recreational Flying website is also working in Canberra for the next few months. You are both doing great things to help promote flying and keep enthusiasts up to date, there must be some common ground there and a chance to cross promote.

I notice that you fly at Polo Flat. Do you think Mike Apps could be interesting? Mike has been flying longer than most have been alive, has flown most aircraft ultralights to jets on aircraft carriers, he is a RA Aus board member. Must have some good stories or advice.

Perhaps an invite to other airfield operators, flying clubs, FTFs etc to speak about what might attract aviators to their business. For instance, if someone is planning a good cross country flight what might they see in that area, can they park the plane and stay locally overnight, do they hire out aircraft, do they have plans for expansion or hangar space available. (Somewhere like Holbrook with the Ultralight museum might be a good proposition).

Another interesting topic could be The Australian Vintage Aircraft Society (TAVAS). Although I think most of the movers and shakers are in Qld. Being 100 years since air warfare became a reality, these guys are busy with bi-plane builds and re-enactments etc .

Given that you are restricted to sound files, you might want to consider packaging a few interviews into a single podcast. For instance is there an issue which could have comment from RA Aus (CEO, Board, Ops or Tech Manager – or bits from all of them) CASA or Air Services, other parties. In this way you might only need a small sound bite from each to explore an issue, make it more interesting or give a balanced view.

I mentioned cross promotion before in regards to Recreational Flying website. Have you considered contacting Brian Bigg (Editor of Sport pilot)? Perhaps you could collaborate on an interview? Perhaps an article he can only devote a few pages (with great pictures) to can be supplemented by telling readers that they can hear more of the interview/topic on GoFlying? You then carrying advice that the pictures for that podcast are available in Sport Pilot magazine and to obtain copies or subscribe they should contact…………….

Just ideas which might be helpful, do with them as you wish. But it is good to see a young pilot with such enthusiasm getting out there to do something like this off his own bat.

• Like 1

Very entertaining! Good to hear he got as far as 10 minutes into episode 1!! ;-)

Thanks ayavner! The podcast may never have happened if you did not take the time to show me around Bankstown!

Thanks for your support.

Adam

A few suggested topics:

As you are in Canberra, why not see if you can get some interesting discussion from some of the key RA Aus folk.

Michael Linke. As the new CEO he seems very keen to communicate with members (newsletter etc) why not offer the opportunity for him to be heard by members. Perhaps a chance for him discuss his views on the future, how we can grow RA AUS, what members can do to help, interaction with CASA, impact of new RPL etc

Jill Bailey. RA AUS Operations Manager. A woman making a big impact in a very male dominated pursuit, what has her path to one of the most senior and important roles been. What are the challenges for RA AUS and its members. What would her key messages to members be, what does she feel are the most frequently or critically misunderstood operational issues.

Ian the Site Administrator for Recreational Flying website is also working in Canberra for the next few months. You are both doing great things to help promote flying and keep enthusiasts up to date, there must be some common ground there and a chance to cross promote.

I notice that you fly at Polo Flat. Do you think Mike Apps could be interesting? Mike has been flying longer than most have been alive, has flown most aircraft ultralights to jets on aircraft carriers, he is a RA Aus board member. Must have some good stories or advice.

Perhaps an invite to other airfield operators, flying clubs, FTFs etc to speak about what might attract aviators to their business. For instance, if someone is planning a good cross country flight what might they see in that area, can they park the plane and stay locally overnight, do they hire out aircraft, do they have plans for expansion or hangar space available. (Somewhere like Holbrook with the Ultralight museum might be a good proposition).

Another interesting topic could be The Australian Vintage Aircraft Society (TAVAS). Although I think most of the movers and shakers are in Qld. Being 100 years since air warfare became a reality, these guys are busy with bi-plane builds and re-enactments etc .

Given that you are restricted to sound files, you might want to consider packaging a few interviews into a single podcast. For instance is there an issue which could have comment from RA Aus (CEO, Board, Ops or Tech Manager – or bits from all of them) CASA or Air Services, other parties. In this way you might only need a small sound bite from each to explore an issue, make it more interesting or give a balanced view.

I mentioned cross promotion before in regards to Recreational Flying website. Have you considered contacting Brian Bigg (Editor of Sport pilot)? Perhaps you could collaborate on an interview? Perhaps an article he can only devote a few pages (with great pictures) to can be supplemented by telling readers that they can hear more of the interview/topic on GoFlying? You then carrying advice that the pictures for that podcast are available in Sport Pilot magazine and to obtain copies or subscribe they should contact…………….

Just ideas which might be helpful, do with them as you wish. But it is good to see a young pilot with such enthusiasm getting out there to do something like this off his own bat.

Adam

A few suggested topics:

Wow these are great ideas. I think I will try to follow them all up at some point in the future but it may take some time.

Hosting the show is very much a hobby at this point so I have a limit on the time I can spend on it but I am trying to improve the quality and ensuring that people get something out of listening.

Overall the aim is to increase the popularity of flying for fun in Australia and get some positive stories out there about aviation.

Thanks again for listening and thanks so much for your kind words about the show.

Adam

• Like 1