Light Aircraft down near Camden

A high winged light aircraft has crashed into trees beside a river near Camden. The pilot has been winched to safety in a rescue helicopter. There is rumour that a second person waqs aboard and seen walking around, but this has not been verified. (Nine News at 4:00)

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perth has a more accurate description than closer news sources?????? Got to love how one news mob gets it wrong and the rest just copy. Not what jab or RAA need at the minute but certainly sounds like the pilot did a reasonable job.

Guest asmol

Look at the angle of the wings. This plane has stopped hard and fast, the fuselage is split behind the left wing, major damage.

I wonder if National Parks will be charging them for removal and environmental damage of the river and some near extinct frog that only lives in the 100 meters around the crash site ?

If the RAA get the MTOW raised to 750Kgs it could be a much different story

How could that possibly change the fact that the aircraft crashed? 450kg...crash, 500kg .....crash, 600kg....crash, 650kg....crash, 700kg....crash, 750kg........hey we're still flying???????

• Agree 1

Guest ozzie

6pm Seven news showed some overhead footage. Pilot did well and got it into what looked like the only bit of clear area with a bit of a beach on the creek. Lot of tiger country there. Report said they where on their way to Melbourne so i doubt it would have run out of fuel. More Jabba problems maybe. They were taken back to Bankstown. If they were insured they own it now so up to them to get it out.

I hope old mate has had his passenger sign the waiver.

Recently a Jab Pilot who has his good wife as a passenger on his flights was asked if he had his significant other sign a CASA waiver form prior to each flight & leaves it with a responsibile person on the ground. He responded that he couldn't give care a shxt about the waiver form because he was an enviromentally concious person & didn't want another tree chopped down to create the necessary paper, & furthermore, in the event of a crash he was confident that both he & his wife would exit this planet together.

So that begs the question, is CASA creating useless paperwork for themselves, that will end up being round filed, similar to what you do with scrap pieces of paper that you roll up in your hand like a tennis ball.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

maybe at a higher mtow you can actually carry more fuel so fuel starvation is less likely, or so you'd like to think... (assuming the cause was fuel starvation of course) speculating is fun ;)

The J160 and J170 etc. carry 135 litres of useable fuel. That is one of the many reasons Jabs are such a great plane. I'll bet YOUR boots it's a through bolt or similar cause.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Recently a Jab Pilot who has his good wife as a passenger on his flights was asked if he had his significant other sign a CASA waiver form prior to each flight & leaves it with a responsibile person on the ground. He responded that he couldn't give care a shxt about the waiver form because he was an enviromentally concious person & didn't want another tree chopped down to create the necessary paper, & furthermore, in the event of a crash he was confident that both he & his wife would exit this planet together.So that begs the question, is CASA creating useless paperwork for themselves, that will end up being round filed, similar to what you do with scrap pieces of paper that you roll up in your hand like a tennis ball.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

ONE piece of paper with the statement about the dangers of flying in a Jabiru. Then three columns with as many rows as you want where the passenger signs, prints and dates a line. Considering the amount of passengers I have flown, one A4 paper would last me 10 years.

• Caution 1

maybe at a higher mtow you can actually carry more fuel

.. and stronger seats, belts, cockpit protection etc. in case you do go down.

Perth just copies it, they are 3 hours behind don't forget :)

The crash hasn't actually happened there yet then, click on the Telly in about an hour's time.

But look at the cockpit - still looks relatively intact, even with all that associated damage.I'll have my next engine failure in a Jabiru, please :)

You probably will!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2