Light Aircraft down near Camden

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed this aircraft from time to time recently in passing. It looked to me like it hadn't been flown for quite a while. Just sits there with cobwebs on it and I don't think it was even tied down. I wonder if they drained any old fuel sitting in it before they took off.

• Informative 1

I've noticed this aircraft from time to time recently in passing. It looked to me like it hadn't been flown for quite a while. Just sits there with cobwebs on it and I don't think it was even tied down. I wonder if they drained any old fuel sitting in it before they took off.

Where was the aircraft ?

I have been told twice now the aircraft came out of Bankstown. Seems CASA make it difficult, then make exceptions, for special people, wink - wink, just so were on an even playing field.

Can anyone confirm that it came out of Bankstown ?

I am as tired of it as you are:) ... Very very old song isnt it?

Where was the aircraft ? I have been told twice now the aircraft came out of Bankstown. Seems CASA make it difficult, then make exceptions, for special people, wink - wink, just so were on an even playing field.

Can anyone confirm that it came out of Bankstown ?

Wouldnt have come out of Bankstown. That is on the restricted Airport list for Jabs.

There are a few Jabs parked at Camden that look like they havent operated for a long time. My guess is that it departed Camden.

Wouldnt have come out of Bankstown. That is on the restricted Airport list for Jabs.There are a few Jabs parked at Camden that look like they havent operated for a long time. My guess is that it departed Camden.

What would you think if it did as maybe someone could have been given an exemption. You are guessing about Camden, I've heard from people not guessing. So I can still not be certain, but has been said from several sources.

Guest asmol

Why do people here seem to think its a demanded right have all the details of the accident listed here or in fact on any other website ?

I am sorry i dont understand that.

If the pilot is not talking about the accident and there is no information publicly out there why do people get upset and think its a big conspiracy ?

If I had an accident doing something silly and no-one could learn from my mistakes and only judge me for being an idiot i would keep my trap shut and go for the biggest rock to hide under.

What am i missing ?

Wasn't that one of the places that named as a no go zone in the instrument. Except for one flight before the end of Jan to move it to another location.

So an aircraft is stuck in Bankstown because CASA say it's too dangerous to fly it out, it might have an engine failure. Then it flies out and has an engine failure. So if it did leave Bankstown without permission, CASA are onto it and proven right. Or it left Bankstown with CASA permission and had an engine failure. I so hope it's the latter!

Guest ozzie
I think the Jabiru crew in Helo went BACK to Bankstown. Thats where Helo based.Didnt ever see the Jab departed from there.

Mentioned this WAYYYYY BACK in post number 18.

Help me understand......I am learning in a J160 (out of the Camden area)....I look at the stats. and the incident reports and still cannot see how or why this aircraft should have a "downgraded" safety record. It would seem to me that all previous production problems (piston rings?...bolts?...) have been addressed.

Am I missing something ? (next lesson on Friday, so prompt replies appreciated !!)

Help me understand......I am learning in a J160 (out of the Camden area)....I look at the stats. and the incident reports and still cannot see how or why this aircraft should have a "downgraded" safety record. It would seem to me that all previous production problems (piston rings?...bolts?...) have been addressed.Am I missing something ? (next lesson on Friday, so prompt replies appreciated !!)

Have you signed the waiver? All you need to know is contained therein.

One of Dave's is sitting in the usual maintenance hangar waiting for a new engine. The Chief Engineer told me the other day that he's had a gut full of the Jabiru company and their apparent avoidance of any meaningful discussion of the problems their engines are exhibiting.

The Jab that did the George of the Jungle act the other week has been heli-lifted out of the bush and is sitting in the back of another hangar at Camden.

The good thing about learning to fly in a Jabiru is that you become very proficient in your recovery from engine failure technique. It's a bit like the old chestnut - there are two groups of pilots of airplanes with retractable undercarriages. Those who have had a gear up landing and those who are going to.

OME

• Like 1