Fatal Light aircraft crash April 3rd.

A six year old boy is currently critically injured in hospital following a crash in which both his parents died.

The aircraft has not been identified, but was flown by a 50 yr old businessman, with his Wife and young Son as passengers. Both adults were found dead at the scene, which was attended within ten minutes.

The accident occurred in very bad weather in woodland just adjacent to Popham airfield in Hampshire, although the aircraft was not based there, having originated it's flight on the Isle of Wight.

No more solid info yet, nor any press speculation ( thankfully ) AAIB were on site very quickly.

1608572015_WreckagenearPophamAirfieldHants..jpg.72190fc285b33c7473b9c4e1e892863b.jpg

• Caution 1

Mr Google indicates this one happened three months ago on January 3rd.

Is there still no more information about it? What kind of plane is it? Looks like some kind of homebuilt judging by the nosewheel(?) which looks like a plastic very light industrial wheel of the wheelbarrow genre. With three PoB, do UK regs allow for homebuilts with more than two seats?

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1

Sorry about that one guys,. . .I got a call about it from a registration spotter bloke who told me it had happened on April 3rd. He is normally a bit better than this. . . . I shall not make that mistake again. Thank you for the information, I normally vet these reports a heck of a lot more prior to posting. The AAIB treport will normally take around 18 months before release,. . .but I'll post it when available.

No more significant information on the PA28 incident in Argyll at the moment, other than that two hill walkers saw the aircraft from different positions descending at a very steep angle whilst they were walking not far from the site of the crash. Both persons saying that the weather at the time was "Awful" with very low cloud and mist, along with light rain.

Phil

• Caution 1

Mr Google indicates this one happened three months ago on January 3rd.Is there still no more information about it? What kind of plane is it? Looks like some kind of homebuilt judging by the nosewheel(?) which looks like a plastic very light industrial wheel of the wheelbarrow genre. With three PoB, do UK regs allow for homebuilts with more than two seats?

The Jabiru 4 seater is quoted as an "Allowable" kit buid in the UK, according to the LAA. . . . .

• Informative 1