David Hack Classic at Toowoomba

rdarby

I see there is a car show and fly in at Toowoomba City Airport on the 3rd May.

Does anyone know if that is really a security controlled airport needing an ASIC as the ERSA says? Bit hard to host anything there if it is?

I would love to go, being a plane and car nut. I have an ASIC, but alas no nav endorsement yet... I would take my old 48/215 up there, but its a long way in an old, fragile car like that.

Anyway, details for those interested. http://qhmc.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/David-Hack-Flyer-2015.pdf

I need to do a nav to towoomba at some point, so I will have a chat to my instructors tomorrow and see if I can work something out.

• Winner 1

• 1 year later...

Anyone going this year?

I finally have an ASIC so may give it some air time!

The BMW Club will also be there so I will go support some friends showing their cars.

Last year weather turned us back, hopefully we get through this year.

I'll be there in a generic white C172 called WXX or KBL.

??????? Are you saying the ERSA entry is no longer current?

1. This AD is a Security Controlled Airport. ASIC/VIC regulations apply.

Frank

I fly into Toowoomba every day and you no longer need an ASIC or VIC, that requirement was removed when Skytrans finished operating into Toowoomba about 18 months ago, the aerodrome operator still maintains it like a security controlled airport with fences, gates and codes etc.

Aldo

FrankI fly into Toowoomba every day and you no longer need an ASIC or VIC, that requirement was removed when Skytrans finished operating into Toowoomba about 18 months ago, the aerodrome operator still maintains it like a security controlled airport with fences, gates and codes etc.

Aldo

No worries Aldo, I haven't been there for a few years, just the current ERSA still lists it as security controlled. I don't know the legalities of that. As I need an ASIC for other places I go (eg Townsville) it is not a major issue to myself (even though I hate the card not to mention the cost).