Plane crash Glen Innes.

It did seem a bit much too soon from air creation, I guess they are passionate about what they believe but it did come across as using a tragic accident as advertising. Of course maybe it wasn't meant to be like that but that is what it sounded like to me.

It is hard in a forum as there will always be a few that know of a deceased pilot personally and will be more easily offended when others not so affected post their opinions. What's right and wrong? Where do you draw the line? Different people are different and we will never all agree on where a moral line is.

• Agree 7

You draw the line so that the same event doesn't happen again, and in particular to prevent more people being killed.

An open discussion will often help in the grieving process at the beginning, because people are often looking for answers.

In many threads people waffle off the main subject matter.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Steve maybe you would have been better off posting your critique of wings elsewhere in the forum.I believe the funerals for the pilot and his passenger are being held this week.

I don't know the pilot or the circumstances and I am always sensitive to the families involved. My post was triggered from reading other posts on this thread that seemed to be indicating that a recent change of wing without training as the cause of the accident. I'm not blaming anybody or anything, just saying that upgrading a wing may not be the cause, maybe everyone should wait for the full investigation.

• Like 3

You draw the line so that the same event doesn't happen again, and in particular to prevent more people being killed.An open discussion will often help in the grieving process at the beginning, because people are often looking for answers.

In many threads people waffle off the main subject matter.

I think in most cases the forum is the only way people can find out about and learn from any crash , often police or news don,t know anything of aircraft or how it even flys . Most micro light or ultra light crash real reports are locked behind closed doors so only the decreased could read them . I heard a saying many years ago ( learn from other people's mistakes as you don,t live long enough to make them all your self ) .

Fly safe and leave all the risk taking to the next life .

Dan

• Like 1

Airborne trikes are no less safer than any of the overseas exotic trikes we can aquire these days

The pilot is the weakest link most times in the chain of events that lead to fatals

Not much can be done on medical incapacitation but a lot can be done on pilots attitudes to change the trend we are seeing

Time will tell on his last one and hopefully we will get enough information fed back to us over time on the cause, whether it be a medical event, a structural event or just another pilot who got it wrong

• Agree 5