Badgery's

Guest ozzie

OMU The reason you state that residential housing can't be built on the i believe the now unused range is exactly why the area would make a great airport.

Can you imagine the cost of trying to fill all the gullies to provide a level area the size required for a 22nd Century airport? (Assuming that commercial air transport continues to use the current airplane cruciform layout for the airframe, and the current turbine type engines).

There is a very large landfill waste disposal site on the opposite side of Heathcote Road from the firing range. That landfill has been used for years and just look how small it is in comparison to an airport site.

There might be lots of rivers out West with a river, but the amount of water in the rivers is not great enough, nor reliable enough to supply a large city.

OME

Guest ozzie

OME there is already an lengthy sealed airstrip at Holsworthy, the area around it is pretty reasonable. Badgerys earthworks, as i said in the original post will be the largest since the Snowy River Project. It ain't no bowling green out there.

Menai is the tip site more opposite the nuclear reactor and is already being converted into sport parks.

I'll make a prediction (pretty easy as I won't be around for it) - in the 22nd century you won't need major airports as matter transmission has made aircraft, and all other forms of transport, obsolete.

So the only people bothering to use the sky are the recreational flyers.

026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

Guest ozzie

There will be no sport aviating in the sky. Indoor flight sim will be the norm just like indoor tunnel skydiving is starting to find it's place in the sport. CASA will see this evolves this way with their 'empty sky safe sky' policy.