Jason from Phoneix

st15jap

Hello everyone!

I am looking to get into the ultralight community. I have been looking at doing so for some time. However it has been out of my reach with the financial cost until I recently discovered the Skypup!

I have done some pretty extensive research and find it is within my means. I have been looking everywhere for the plans online. I found this site http://machnone.com however it seems kinda sketchy. Lots of broken links and the contact page is broken. If anyone knows where I can acquire a set it is much appreciated thanks!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums Jason.

I was close to buying a Skypup back in the mid-eighties, but my wife of that time didn't like the look of it, she preferred the sleek Piper Warrier I was learning on. After many arguments, I couldn't convince her, so didn't end up buying it.

I realized it had limitations, but thought it would be cheap fun flying on good weather days.

The seller said it flew quite well and was easy to fly being only two axis with rudder and elevator only controls. That didn't worry me, because I was used to that with my early radio control models.

I'm not much help to you regarding a set of plans, but there are several other designs which are cheap to build, such as the Affordaplane, etc;

Good luck with what you eventually decide on.