Anyone know this drifter

shafs64

I was wanting to know if anyone knows this drifter. the reason I am asking is a share in it is for sale and I am wanting a none sales pitch point of view about it.

thanks.

Last I knew it was at YJCW, in a former life it has been on its back landing in long grass, minimal damage so righted and flown home!

I know a chap who used to own a share in it he has since bought his own wire braced.

• Helpful 1

• 2 weeks later...
I saw it out at Murgon I think it was recently. Not sure where it is based but it obviously gets around if you look at some photos of local flyins.

The one at Murgon was mine, this one isn't the seats and tank are still white on this one. Does look similar though.

Guest Maj Millard

The strut braced ones came out with standard fuel shut off tap and elevator trim . The WB ones didn't have either to my knowledge.

I was talking to Farri about this drifter and he side that it could be a wire braced converted to strut braced..

It is a 55 reg factory built strutty. I was looking at it some years back to buy a share (never did bought my own...). Located at Jacobs Well - Heck Field. Just need to keep en eye on aircraft kept there because of proximity to the coast but with proper care no issues. What are they asking?

A better shot at

http://www.gcsfc.org.au in the gallery

Expensive club to be a member of but understandable given the location and issues which mean they keep a pretty tight ship.

HMM bit exy for 4 x shares - pricing it at $24000. Still if you get to fly it when ever you want not so bad but what is in the kitty to keep it prime?. Price is in the engine and skins first then look at airframe and accessories (assuming airframe is solid). $4500 maybe pushing to 5K would be OK and on the money if engine, prop and fabric have good time and you don't have any real restriction as to use.

I thought it's a bit pricy. The person selling his share says ongoing cost is one hundred and thirty a month. I don't know if that includes any work on the aircraft.

It is a 55 reg factory built strutty.

Thanks Tex, I only had a look on ebay and I couldn`t be sure.

The strut braced ones came out with standard fuel shut off tap and elevator trim . The WB ones didn't have either to my knowledge.

Thanks for that info, Ross.

Frank.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
It is a 55 reg factory built strutty. I was looking at it some years back to buy a share (never did bought my own...). Located at Jacobs Well - Heck Field. Just need to keep en eye on aircraft kept there because of proximity to the coast but with proper care no issues. What are they asking?A better shot at

http://www.gcsfc.org.au in the gallery

Expensive club to be a member of but understandable given the location and issues which mean they keep a pretty tight ship.

It would be an expensive little club. Not every Sports Light Aircraft organisation have their own VOR 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

• Haha 1

A quarter share at 2 and a 1/2 is sounding alright.

Was at Heck Field on Saturday, it seems like a nice club/airfield.

There could be a hangar space gooing once the Demons finish cleaning it out. 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

I live 25 nM from Caboolture and 20nM from Heck Field and only 10 from Archerfield. Short of getting an RPL Archerfield is out but Heck has always looked interesting to me location wise. It takes about half the time to get to Heck than Caboolture. But I have made so many friends at Caboolture not sure I want to move now. But a foot in each camp could be interesting especially if one foot is in a drifter. 029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif

• 1 month later...
Is there actually a Drifter share for sale at the moment? Seems like the reference to the share sale was back in May wasn't it?

It was on eBay for a while, the aircraft is at heck field