Newbie - Aircraft Hire needed

JCM

Hi All,

I am new here, earlier in the year I attained my RA - Pilots Certificate.

I'm now seeking to base my flying out of Brisbane, I have a rating for the sky leader and sportstar. Does anyone know/have either of these aircraft for private hire? Or are willing to private hire their aircraft? I am based on the north side.

Cheers,

Jon

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

People cannot simply 'hire their aircraft'. My insurance mob requires me to name anybody who I intend letting fly plane and supply hours on type etc. They may then say no way, too few hours. Because you are a low hour pilot, insurance companies would want my first born on a golden platter before they let you fly my plane.

People cannot simply 'hire their aircraft'. My insurance mob requires me to name anybody who I intend letting fly plane and supply hours on type etc. They may then say no way, too few hours. Because you are a low hour pilot, insurance companies would want my first born on a golden platter before they let you fly my plane.

That's not correct at all. If that's the case you should look for another insurance company.

This is the reason people are not getting a go in other types of aircraft. It's really the owner say no but saying it a insurance thing.

Anyone can come fly any of my aircraft I have as long as I approve them and have endorsements.

• Like 1

So your insurance company is happy to cover a pilot with perhaps 10 hours experience for the same rate as they cover you with (say) 500 hours experience? Also, to hire is not the same as jumping in someones plane and going for a blast. If I could 'hire' my plane out that easily I could earn at least a grand a week. Having said all that, I maybe completely wrong as I am getting old and vaguely remember being wrong once, many years ago.

• Like 2

If you hire your plane out, or even lend it out, make damn sure you have got your maintenance and paperwork in good order or the insurance may not be your biggest problem.

I am not sure if you can even do that, as far as I know to put a plane on line it needs to be in a flying school, maintained by a L2 with a maintenance record and hundred hourlies and all that good stuff.

Really? Why surrender to the dictates of an insurer? Tell them to "jam it". Taste the freedom!

• Haha 1