Info on Foxbat sought

Guest SrPilot

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished reading the A32 Vixen flight review in the latest edition of the Australian Flying magazine. Sounds like it is a great LSA.

Which issue is that in ? Probably time to subscribe again

Nov/Dec issue. Just purchsed it this morning. First time I have read it and I only bought it to read the article on the Foxbat.

Thanks - will go to the mag website. In Holland right now so a morning stroll to the local newsagent is unlikely to be productive :)

Was talking to Peter Harlow last week, he could see the interest coming and put in an order for five ASAP, has two left !!Time to order more....cell.gif.0ffa74af2505389b1021b01bc3378cd2.gif

I read it on Saturday too. It seems that the only vice identified in this article is the difficulty in bleeding off speed before landing.

I read it on Saturday too. It seems that the only vice identified in this article is the difficulty in bleeding off speed before landing.

I haven't read the article yet and didn't try it when flying the A32 at Tyabb (no need) but I reckon a little side slip would do the trick :)

I had that problem on the Foxbat. Dropped my static idle to 1600 and it slows down quite nicely now.

I generally come in on final just off idle, which gives the option of increased or reduced throttle. A good option to have I think.

• Helpful 1

cant believe we are worried about slowing any light aircraft...its not a 747

I am not sure "we" are worried about slowing the A32 down. It was the impression of the writer of the article in Australian Flying that the plane was difficult to slow down, in the landing phase.

It is actually a hidden feather in the designer's cap because this phenomenon is no doubt caused by a very slippery aerodynamic aircraft shape which will be economical in the other phases of flight, in particular the cruise mode.

Yeah - if you use the same speeds as in an A22LS (which makes sense as the stall speeds are the same), the A32 just tends to float a bit further after round-out, which makes a short landing harder. That's about it. In a competition I reckon one could get the A22LS with tundra tires, no spats etc into a smaller field but it's not enough to make any practical difference. The A32 will still land under 200m over the standard obstacle - which is pretty remarkable given a cruise at 115 kts.

I haven't been able to read the Aus Flying article yet but made some comments about speed control in my own review for Sport Pilot. I think it is more of an issue at the top end.