How to get the press off our backs...

Oh, so true. Nice link OK.

In my ultralight instructing and later commercial heli days we often took the Press and TV cameramen/journos flying and always got wonderful write-ups and publicity. It was a breeze to get the likes of Four Corners and the Today Show on side as they're usually starved for good material.

From your link I love the writer's last few words -

In eight unforgettable days we had covered more than 2,000 miles, flown over seven states and visited – by land and/or air – nine of America’s most spectacular national parks. Webster would continue north to Seattle, but my own journey was over. Watching the AirCam disappear into the sky without me, I felt bereft – as if my wings had been clipped.

The question I’ve been asked most often since the trip was, “Weren’t you scared?” It may sound strange, but I never was. For most of the flight, my prevailing emotion was sheer wonder. And now that it was over, I felt I had truly fulfilled the most vital test of travel. I’d made it back home – and was seeing the landscape around me with new eyes.

• Like 4
  • Winner 1

...by getting them into the cockpit:

I have done that, with the Drifter....I took up a young lady reporter, from the Cairns Post, who wanted to do an article about Ultralight flying...She loved it and the article was printed.... I did several more good publicity flights after that one and have taken many people, over the years, who didn`t expect to go flying, except that I asked, if they would like to and they said yes....In fact! weather permitting,on Tuesday morning,

I`m taking a lady for her first flight in an Ultralight.....Good publicity, is the way to keep everyone on side and there`s no better publicity than word of mouth.

Frank.

• Like 2

Lazy Journo's strike again-

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-01/raaf-top-gun-elite-fighter-pilot-training-northern-territory/6512676

I love my Aunty (ABC) but they just never seem to check stuff or even grammar.

Article says it will have 5 fighter pilots and 22 aircraft in the games. Is it just me ...... that means each pilot gets 4 aircraft and two spare?

In that case I volunteer as cannon fodder in a spare f18.

Lazy Journo's strike again-http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-01/raaf-top-gun-elite-fighter-pilot-training-northern-territory/6512676

Article says it will have 5 fighter pilots and 22 aircraft in the games. Is it just me ...... that means each pilot gets 4 aircraft and two spare?..

...or could it mean 5 Top Guns are being trained and altogether, 22 aircraft will be involved?

Lazy Journo's strike again-http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-01/raaf-top-gun-elite-fighter-pilot-training-northern-territory/6512676

Article says it will have 5 fighter pilots and 22 aircraft in the games. Is it just me ...... that means each pilot gets 4 aircraft and two spare?

In that case I volunteer as cannon fodder in a spare f18.

I would think that the five fighter pilots are the students and the other aircraft will be the enemy, flown by other RAAF pilots. Got to have a few spares as well given the cost of the exercise.

Yes, that makes sense pity the standards have dropped even at Aunty that we now have to interpret what a article says just for it to make sense.

If only they spent a few electrons and used some brain cells. Probably from your standard PR cut and paste.