C150 Emergency Landing off field at Warnervale

A C150 has just crashed on land adjacent the airfield at Warnervale. Both POB OK. Aircraft is a flip over and a right off.

All's well that ends well (except for the poor C150)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Returning from Dubbo, didn't quite make the field ......

I heard him calling 5 Miles west of the field @2300 ft. with intentions to glide to Warnervale.

Pity he didn't take the fields west of the freeway with a turf farm making a good landing spot.

However it is always very easy to comment after the incident/accident from an armchair !

• Agree 1

Guest Maj Millard

The C150s are prone to carb icing on descent if carb heat isn't used......or could this have been fuel exhaustion ?....

Guest ozzie

Just caught this on NBN news. would have worked out OK except for the soft muddy ground that folded the nose gear back a bit and ended up in a slow trip onto it's back. Fair bit of damage. Both were pilots PIC was Paul Bennet, Said he was a bit panicky but mate calmed him down, he did a good job just shame they came up a bit short but with plenty of clear space with soft ground. Good day for icing or maybe a bit of leaning would have given them the range.

If the fuel cap leaks the bladder tank (If fitted) can suck up and let a bit of fuel out still showing plenty of fuel on the gauge. Nev

I wonder how many C150's were fitted with bladder tanks. Mine wasn't.

Just caught this on NBN news. would have worked out OK except for the soft muddy ground that folded the nose gear back a bit and ended up in a slow trip onto it's back. Fair bit of damage. Both were pilots PIC was Paul Bennet, Said he was a bit panicky but mate calmed him down, he did a good job just shame they came up a bit short but with plenty of clear space with soft ground. Good day for icing or maybe a bit of leaning would have given them the range.

As someone has already said,. . .easy to criticise from the comfort of an armchair ( or a stool in the loft in my case. . .) I got criticised quite a lot for trying to taxi my Victa 115 Airtourer with one wing tiedown still attached,. . . .but what comes around goes around I guess. . . .!

Wifey said when I got home,. . ." Had a nice flight ? ? ". . .I said,. . ."Naw,. . . I just flew around the field a bit . . ."

• Haha 6
  • Winner 1

Er,. . . . .is that how you spell "Butch" . . .?

Yep!

it's because I have .....C D O .......( O C D ...I like the letters to be in alphabetical order )096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

• Haha 3