Approved Airband Hand Held Radios

That's only $6 cheaper than your 'fairly tight band' of prices (assuming the price band was plus postage). Not radically cheaper.

Anyway are Icom made in china?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as CASA care, if the hand held is labelled with the correct model, they'd be hard pressed to complain.

But if you want to know if the radio actually transmits a good signal, you'd have to get a qualified tech to put it on a spectrum analyser, modulation monitor, etc.

Won't be able to dispatch till Tuesday though...only ordered 10 today to get the cheap price so they should arrive on Monday or Tuesday

That's only $6 cheaper than your 'fairly tight band' of prices (assuming the price band was plus postage). Not radically cheaper.Anyway are Icom made in china?

What interested me was not the price but the evasive language when asked about Australian compliance (most of the "price band did not include delivery/postage cost).

It seems that almost everything is made in China, however selling through local Gum Tree,  with the address "Building 21, Qantas Avenue, Archerfield, QLD" which then reverts/routs you to ",ShenZhen,China"" all seems just a little odd.

After making the above observations,  I will not be purchasing from this supplier. 

There have been several knock-off radios branded as Icom and made to look authentic, these are the counterfeits you need to avoid

Many manufacturers get their genuine items made somewhere cheaper, my observation is that the quality depends on whether the manufacturer controls the process

When I bought my fist caculator in 1975 it was from Hewlett Packard but made in Singapore, I think HP built and ran the entire factory, it still works perfectly

Bendix King radios have been made in Taiwan (or similar) for more than 30 years,  still good radios

I would go with Clear Prop too!

Just a small follow up to my Gum Tree experience - 

"Sorry about the spam messages (Maxwell Albenyr).

Our account was hacked and we have taken new precautions to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Please disregard any messages from above sender as this was not us.

Thank you.

Sarah

Aircraft Radio"