29 RA-Aus deaths in 29 months

Very interesting that ,besides the trikes a high% of the other accidents were in plastic/spam can aircraft and by low time pilots flying high performance aircraft that should be controlled by GA

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as a bit of an aside from a couple of posts back.

I am sure you will be happy to know, along with the unemployed and homeless of this country, that a government funded organisation has just discovered that most kangaroos are left handed.

We are in great hands, aren't we ????

Hello ,,is everybody ignoring the ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM ,that a very ,very large proportion of these accidents are occurring to pilots in PLASTIC?SPAM CAN HIGH PERFORMANCE AIRCRAFT by low time pilots ,,,hello hello

• Like 1

Just as a bit of an aside from a couple of posts back.I am sure you will be happy to know, along with the unemployed and homeless of this country, that a government funded organisation has just discovered that most kangaroos are left handed.

I think you may have been taken by the hand yourself.

I've tried very hard to catch Kangaroos over the years and not one has ever stopped to shake hands with me.

• Caution 1

sounds like just more bull to me

So the accident reports are all lying about what type of aircraft were involved and the hours of the pilots too rhysmcc,, and what sort of a name is that anyway,,, sounds like BULL to me also................

Just as a bit of an aside from a couple of posts back.I am sure you will be happy to know, along with the unemployed and homeless of this country, that a government funded organisation has just discovered that most kangaroos are left handed.

"...The research was supported by a National Geographic Society Committee for Research and Exploration grant and the Russian Scientific Fund."

• Like 3

I find it impressive that the unemployed and homeless, far from getting an adequate amount of support from the government, are still willing to step up to conduct this research. Have you got any scientific papers on this Ron? Which issue of the Tele was it in?
  • Like 2

Don't underestimate such apparently trivial topics as left-handedness in wallabies; so much of the technology you use every day developed out of off-beat discoveries by inquisitive researchers.

If our government funded such research Australia might have a brighter future. Instead, investment in science has been cut to the bone. It's a national disgrace that other countries invest in research here that our own government considers unimportant. Their discoveries may be developed into marketable technologies that this country will end up importing.

• Agree 6
  • Winner 2

I find it impressive that the unemployed and homeless, far from getting an adequate amount of support from the government, are still willing to step up to conduct this research. Have you got any scientific papers on this Ron? Which issue of the Tele was it in?

Hmm, it was a real news item. Found it in the SMH. Still though post it notes wouldn't have been invented if they didn't bugger up an experiment and create crappy glue that didn't stick. Sorry to have doubted you Ron.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Don't underestimate such apparently trivial topics as left-handedness in wallabies; so much of the technology you use every day developed out of off-beat discoveries by inquisitive researchers.If our government funded such research Australia might have a brighter future. Instead, investment in science has been cut to the bone. It's a national disgrace that other countries invest in research here that our own government considers unimportant. Their discoveries may be developed into marketable technologies that this country will end up importing.

Refer to the Govt Funded propaganda about the Generational Change.

Dr. Karl poses the questions, and refers to what great technological discoveries that Australia has made in the past.

An Impressive list, but we have nothing to show for it, just like the Victa aircraft, was ours, then we sold it to NZ, then when the air force were looking for a trainer, went on a world wide search, then ended up buying them back off NZ (At an inflated price) because they were a bloody good plane.

Instead our Govt's (Well in NSW at least) focus on the more things, like introducing a licence to catch tadpoles. (No Joke, check the link below )

http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/wildlifelicences/FrogKeepersLicence.htm

• Like 1

Hello ,,is everybody ignoring the ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM ,that a very ,very large proportion of these accidents are occurring to pilots in PLASTIC?SPAM CAN HIGH PERFORMANCE AIRCRAFT by low time pilots ,,,hello hello

Yes and they are most likely LSAs but you will not get much support about it on here as the majority think that it is a great idea. The AUF has been shafted and those not happy about it do not know what to do about it. I personally think RAAus is on a slow road to nowhere.

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1

For my edification , could you identify some of these high performance aircraft? Surely no one is using the original RAAus definition. Also, of those who wish to build to the older categories, who has had barriers put up to prevent them doing so.? Nev

• Agree 1

Also, of those who wish to build to the older categories, who has had barriers put up to prevent them doing so.? Nev

And so people keep saying, but the 29 deaths is likely to be one for everybody

For my edification , could you identify some of these high performance aircraft?

There is quite a few there 8 cylinder Jabiru, Lightwing Speed, Morgan Airworks, 6 cyl Spitfire to name a few.

• Agree 1

The 8 cylinder Jabiru is not produced any more, and they made hardly any. I would suggest they all are registered GA.. Morgan air works?? All of their models? Why because of a Ferris wheel? The Spitfire was never eligible under the rules. The figures were faked by a certified W& B person.

You won't get anybody more willing to fight for the rights of the "formative developmental" basic types, than me, and keep costs down for simpler types, commensurate with expenses. but to just want to go back in time can't be done. Each member has the right to have their interests served without prejudice.

Your last post #143 adds nothing to making the case. either. If it is directed at me, I would politely suggest you don't know me well enough to make the statement. Nev

• Like 3

The findings with skippy claws, has flow on to HUMAN "handedness" and stroke recovery, alzheimers etc. Nev

If so, I hope they refine it, otherwise patients being treated might find themselves "Hopping" out of bed at night, and onto the road in front of on coming cars.

008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif008_roflmao.gif.1e95c9eb792c8fd2890ba5ff06d4e15c.gif008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

The 8 cylinder Jabiru is not produced any more, and they made hardly any. I would suggest they all are registered GA.. Morgan air works?? All of their models? Why because of a Ferris wheel? The Spitfire was never eligible under the rules. The figures were faked by a certified W& B person.You won't get anybody more willing to fight for the rights of the "formative developmental" basic types, than me, and keep costs down for simpler types, commensurate with expenses. but to just want to go back in time can't be done. Each member has the right to have their interests served without prejudice.

Your last post #143 adds nothing to making the case. either. If it is directed at me, I would politely suggest you don't know me well enough to make the statement. Nev

For my edification , could you identify some of these high performance aircraft?

All I did was answer your question I am only talking about RAA registered planes. It does not matter who made them, and how many there are, and who faked what, there were deaths in them that are likely to impact everybody.

There was a Morgan that crashed into the sea killing two.

Post 143 was not directed at anybody in particular but rather the mob who think what happened was fine.

• Caution 1

I don't really think I could identify anybody who thinks a certain number of deaths is fine, and that you don't have to keep trying to improve things.

If the real aim was to get it to zero, I wouldn't stay around as it isn't achievable and you would just spend more and more and make more rules so it wouldn't be worth the trouble to be in it. That doesn't make me an anti safety person. I ride motorcycles and always have. They are not safe either, and a lot depends on the OTHER person. With flying it is mostly up to YOU personally how safe you make it. How about we accept the responsibility as an individual? I thought that was the essence of this movement. Nev

• Like 2

All I did was answer your question I am only talking about RAA registered planes. It does not matter who made them, and how many there are, and who faked what, there were deaths in them that are likely to impact everybody.There was a Morgan that crashed into the sea killing two.

Post 143 was not directed at anybody in particular but rather the mob who think what happened was fine.

This statement adds absolutely nothing as one was very experienced the other was even more experienced instructor, making comments like this sounds like you want to bring the organisation down, I find these comment unproductive. Yes high performance planes can hurt people but low performance planes are also dangerous in the wrong hands. Low performance have a smaller flight range if that's a fair way to put it. E.g 30 knot stall 50 knots flat out that is a 20 knot flight range, high performance e.g 40 knot stall and 100 knots cruise and that is a 60 knot flight range. The high performance aircraft will be safer in some conditions and with some pilots.

This is a well know fact and it is part of the danger of low performance ultralights and I have heard it referred to as a small flight envelope, the danger becomes very apparent in gusty conditions.

• Agree 3
  • Winner 1

They are somewhat like the early planes eg Bristol Boxkite. Usually only flown in calmer air. Morning and evening. Your point of having a small flying airspeed range is true and low wing loaded aircraft are very responsive to gusts. These are the low inertia types frequently referred to as the main reason for a focussed approach to engine out response. Like establish a nose down pitch attitude immediately before the speed decays. The truth is the majority of the planes we fly are not like this anymore. (now called LP, low performance for want of a better term). To maintain currency you would need to do a renewal in one under the current rules?? Surely an individual would cope with this if they had a fair bit of time on one even if way back. Anyhow with the onus on YOU. You would do some dual IF you thought it necessary if you are a responsible pilot. Nev

Well it hasn't been happening. The silly accidents, the ones where the engine stops and the pilot site there and just lets the aircraft fall out of the sky have been at the upper end of the scale, indicating a hopeless lack of training, hopeless assessment or someone gaining a certificate who was totally unable to discharge the skills required to make a forced landing.

However, the big picture, the part to be focused on is the 29 deaths in 29 months, which have come from ALL SECTORS.