Corvair Engine

ianrat

Dose any one know if there any Corvair Motors for sale in Australia.

I have email Wayne Williams in the states a couple of times now and have not gotten any replies back.

Ian Rat

• Haha 1

This is the site that i have tried to contact. I have sent a number of emails that have not been returned and when i try to call all i get is a answering machine. (and living in Australia they will not call back). I am also going to build the CH 601 and i like the spec of the corvair.

Ianart

601 corvair

Allan Barton of Cummins Spinners in Ballarat (advertises in RAAus) is putting a Corvair in his Zenith 601XL. He imported the motor, but he would be the one to help you with all the information and experience.

His web log - http://mykitlog.com/allan

Should see site - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oz-Zacs/

The Corvair is cheaper, but the extra weight cuts into your fuel reserve under the MTOW

Jack . :):)

Dose any one know if there any Corvair Motors for sale in Australia.I have email Wayne Williams in the states a couple of times now and have not gotten any replies back.

Ian Rat

When shopping for powerplants I made numerous inquiries 'phone calls/emails' to a fellow in the states by the name of William Wynne as he and fellow followers claims him to be the guru of corvaire, ended up buying a Ram Subaru because of the inadequate/sporatic communication which ended up going very pearshape because of my frustration. Phil Goard from Cowra (makes an all metal low wing A/C called the Brumby) and was importing these 2.8ltr engines some time back and intending to place them on the ozzie market for the experimental catagories. He was also designing redrive units for the EA81 and Corvaire, I am unaware of the progress made however I remember him as a good fellow to talk with over the phone. Go to http://www.pgaviation.com.au/ and there you should find all the info.

Cheers

Knighty

Guest rocketman

Corvairs.

Theres a couple of Corvairs in Oz. Darren Bannfield? is a name that comes to mind. Someone else was putting one into a Soneri. Check out SAAA as both people are involved there. Someone up near Wangaratta was putting one into a Pietenpol. There is a Corvair forum which is very active. Thats where I got the P'pol contact from.We are looking at them for our aircraft as well, Spacewalkers.The engine seems to be able to handle a good speed range from KR2's doing 180mph all the way down to the P'pols. One of my contacts up in SE Queensland is also doing some research on them. Some engines can be easily modified, some can't. The first engine we got wasn't a good one for conversion.Will keep you advised.Neale.

I have spoken to Darren Bannfield and also Allan Barton and they both have pointed me in the right direction. Thank you all for the information.

Ianrat