Can’t remember it’s name but I read about it years ago.  It’s an American one off experimental built to be a flying caravan/home for a retired guy and his wife.  But it was under powered when complete and he was losing interest in it.  Was somewhere down south in the USA - can’t recall if it was Florida or Georgia. .  

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seventy plus years of being an aeroplane nut helps! Memory goes back to seeing the Bristol Brabazon fly over Edinburgh. Add to that a bookshelf full of reference books and you have your answer!

And for those of us not into 70 years of being a nut ... 40 years + reference library + a job years while at Uni watching hundreds of hours of film and building an index to the archive - getting paid

Yes, Googles algorithms find virtually everything that has ever been posted for public display. And I've spent 20 yrs fine-tuning my internet searching abilities.   As a little thread drift

Posted Images

Yes. Wilson Global Explorer. Sleeping accommodation for 7 persons. Was retired after flying from Australia to France in 1998. A smaller, single engine version, Global Explorer 2 was also built.

1053572824_GlobalExplorerII.thumb.JPG.d0a2a2853e75995e85c25e15661b7cf3.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Butt ugly??

Northrup YC-125 Raider might be another name for it but I think Butt Ugly is closer to the mark

• Like 1

A 2 seater Butterfly, designed by Guy Francois of Brussels. He produced quite a number of ultralight designs, all apparently substantial modifications of the Mignet Pou-du-Ciel design?

One track wins on designer/builder.  But not all tandem wings are modified mignet designs - these are mignet formula but not modified mignet. 

• Informative 1
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, onetrack said:

Russia's brand new light-to-medium fighter jet, reportedly named "Checkmate".

Do they have any Czech mates?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1