Guess This Aircraft ?

Delmar DH20 was meant to be used for medical evacuations where you could put a patient lying down on the back along with a medic. Could fold down for transport one of the big features but the "aircraft"  never went into production. 

I remember this because it was recently used in an e-vtoll presentation showing how far we have come but also remained the same. I think this was in the mid-to late 60s

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's American, I've seen it before, it was a one-off, thought up by some Air Force blokes. It wasn't very big, I seem to recall it used 4 of the smallest Continentals for power. Let me rack my fuzzy memory cells.

OK. We have a few details now, but not the name. It is the Monsted-Vincent MV-1 Starflight

Unfortunately, before they could get MV-1 certified, it was damaged in a landing accident and some of the financial backers got nervous. Rather than copy and paste all the info I have, here is a link to the Vintage Aircraft Association Mystery Airplane article.

mystery-mv-1

• Like 1

On 17/11/2022 at 9:12 PM, red750 said:

The monoplane/biplane is a Hillson FH40 Slipwing Hawker Hurricane. A Hurricane with a second wing which can be discarded after take-off. Designed to shorten the take-off for a quick scramble launch, then discard the top wing for speed for the pursuit and fight.

r/Warthunder - Hillson FH40 Slip Wing Hawker Hurricane(yes it's a bi-plane Hurricane)

not much fun if it took the tail off on its release.

35 minutes ago, Student Pilot said:

Starflight_pic03.thumb.jpeg.4bff2364e4f471d58616351800ca67ce.jpeg

that looks like a ww2 glider converted to power, i know its probably not but the fuse looks like a transport glider.   

sorry, did not see the earlier posts. 

Edited by BrendAn
  • Agree 1