Guess This Aircraft ?

Another photo reversed to fool us. Goodyear Inflatoplane.

Does that make it the "Deflatoplane" then?

That reminds me, in 1827 in a graveyard in Vienna a guy was walking past Beethhoven's grave and heard strange music coming from the grave. It was very strange and music experts gathered to try to understand what the sounds were.

Then suddenly one of the experts deciphered what it was, it was "Beethoven's 9th" playing backwards, most curious. The next day more strange music, with clues from the day before it was established it was "Beethoven's 8th" playing backwards. the day after it was "Beethoven's 7th"

The following day as all the Experts and more who had gathered for this strange phenomenon were listening to "Beethoven's 6th" playing backwards and contemplating the meaning of it all, one of the cemetery's gravediggers was walking past, he leant his head in and asked what was going on? After carefully explaining all the recent days events and their bewilderment of it all, the Gravedigger casually replied; "Oh that's just Beethoven decomposing ......"

Text from the page where this image originated:

All of these photos are computer generated forensic composite illustrations. None of them are official USAF photos. Since the USAF seems very reluctant to de-classify these birds, these illustrations were created to give people an idea of what they looked like. Yes, they really did exist, but due to some stability problems, this particular model was scrapped.

Another page says it is a wooden mockup of a design being tested by the USAF based on Nazi plans. Put the two statements together to work out why it looks like it is flying.

Nice try Doug, but no kewpie doll this time. (Or you referring to the saucer? If so, how did they propose to launch it in the first place?)

The block pattern ramp probably gives away the country of origin of this X Plane. Twin engined heavy interceptor; it did more than 40 test flights. Eventually adopted by another country as a production aircraft.

One interesting feature; the shock cone is fixed. Intake air is regulated by an axially translatable nose cone ring.

2.jpg.90049cfd14ecb702e7819914afc85331.jpg

Spot on. The E-152A, designed by the MiG bureau, NATO recognition name Flipper. The technology was transferred to China where quite a few years later it went into production as the J-8.

The page I looked at was in French I believe, and the English, or at least American translated version did not work. They referred to it as the Ye-152A.

The page I looked at was in French I believe, and the English, or at least American translated version did not work. They referred to it as the Ye-152A.

Peter, I'd guess that's phonetic, as E in Russian is pronounced Ye. eg: the name Elena is pronounced Yelena . I've noticed in a quite a few publications, that they translate designations to the pronunciation rather than the spelling.

I think it happens when Russians translate the document to English. They take it a bit literally and then a third party will translate that to their language, thus extending the mis-interpretation.

While I leave you to ponder the plane above, I'm going to depart from the normal format of this thread and tell you about this unusual aircraft which looks like it may have been taken from a simulator, but is an actual aircraft with a number of photos of it and a Wikipedia page. Google it. The plane is a He111z Zwilling.

1105219770_He-111zZwilling.JPG.18ac1399cb376d7a71c552801cafa1b4.JPG