Guess This Aircraft ?

Ansett had a couple of their DC4's converted to Carvairs. Here is a photo I took of VH-INJ at Essendon in 1967. (Edit: Actually, it was 3, VH-INJ, VH-INK, and VH-INM. Their full histories and more photos can be found here.)

vh-inj.JPG.13d59d9f6e82609f9d9643f1f9cef83e.JPG

Guest Guest

You obviously do your research -:)I also recall the Carvairs and Bristols as a grew up as a kid across the valley to the Nth of EN. Us kids used to ride our bikes over there leave them with the car park gate attendant and go thru the terminal out onto the GA side Nth if the finger way and look at all the light a/c, sometimes the safety officer would give us a ride in his car wth the lights flashing, oh how it was such an innocent world back then at airports, stuffed now though!

You obviously do your research -:)I also recall the Carvairs and Bristols as a grew up as a kid across the valley to the Nth of EN. Us kids used to ride our bikes over there leave them with the car park gate attendant and go thru the terminal out onto the GA side Nth if the finger way and look at all the light a/c, sometimes the safety officer would give us a ride in his car wth the lights flashing, oh how it was such an innocent world back then at airports, stuffed now though!

One Carvair operated a cement shuttle in Saudi Arabia years ago. To get the maixmum bang for the buck, they stripped off the few kilos of paint and flew it naked. Didn't help its looks!

I'm going to make it my mission to stump Kasper. No image searching now...[ATTACH=full]54454[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]54454[/ATTACH]

Come on! I love flying wings and the Northrop black bullet is easy to spot. As already noted it’s the xp-56Find the group online nurflugel if you want to join a few flying wing fanatics ... including the head of the NASA Dryden research centre

Guest Guest
Kasper will get this in a flash.[ATTACH=full]54480[/ATTACH]

I would not know what that is but ugly comes to mind,Boy they sure did dream some of these designs up on the back of a bar coaster whilst drunk! -:)

Come on old man emu ... the wing only airframe CAN be beautiful. Or ugly.

Concorde was beautiful.

The facet Opal was beautiful

Most hang gliders are an acquired taste

The Northrop rams head ... well they didn’t build any without the x designation so enough said.

And if the wing has a primary objective of low radar visibility beauty and handling take a back seat and you end up with the B2

We might have had this one before in the distant past, or on a similar themed thread, but I can't be bothered looking for it. I just came across the image on an old USB drive I found.

GTP44.jpg.d92317e7f976c587cc5053c489630426.jpg

That is the un-pretty child born of a drunken one night stand between a F4U Corsair & an Ercoupe. 054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif054_no_no_no.gif.21131fff407300cde73380a8cb057e61.gif054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif

I think there was a Mini Cooper dancing around the bed looking to add its contribution too...