Guess This Aircraft ?

I've said this before here...but I am astonished by the sheer number of accumulated aircraft designs.

Red, Kasper...setting aside the many versions of some aircraft (ie, counting a DC3 as one, a piper cub as one, and so on) do you have any idea just how many there are???

Yep, I'd have a go at that...provide the seat and the instrument column respectively stayed where they were........( < tenor voice)

Slip a pod over the front and you’ve got basically the same as a drifter on the front of that one. Except stringer for the nose leg

me too,

loved the "ladybird" KK of course, freeflight, tethered, and radio controlled, chasing golfer's down the fairway on a sunday afternoon.

It flew very slow with a "Mills" .75, running as slow as I could get it, only rudder control in those days, PulseProportional came a couple of years later.

spacesailor

Geez!, now your stirring the memory. The very first "galloping ghost" system that I made, was using acorn valves from army surplus walkey-talky's from that era purchased from Government Surplus shops in London's seedy Soho..

Crude as they were,with rudder fluttering one way and then the other as the mark-space ratio varied to stick inputs, they did work at the time, but the young-un's of today who are familiar with digital proportional might think we are a bunch of dinosaurs.

Shh! 103_score_001.gif.0354254b719c2e1032fedf21c3779e8a.gif. NO FURTHER COMMENT!

• 2 weeks later...
Red, Kasper...setting aside the many versions of some aircraft (ie, counting a DC3 as one, a piper cub as one, and so on) do you have any idea just how many there are???

No idea. I've probably hardly scratched the surface.

Here's my next one.

GTP62.JPG.e89cf22e5ebb6dd28063fabd3589f65b.JPG

Elevator neutral and no flap in use?

Don’t care. Nose on the ground and air under one of the mains. That doesn’t happen if you’re flying at all correctly.

Perhaps it's doing a take off? Flap equipped planes usually use a fair bit for landing. None or a small amount for take off. There's not much weight on either main and the nosewheel strut is not fully extended. (has weight on it , see scissor link) so it's NOT the way to be. if you want to fly safe. Weight on mains is more stable, directionally.. Nev