Guess This Aircraft ?

A couple of clues. Sold as a ready to fly aircraft, 500 built between 2001 and 2015. Fixed gear and retractable variants.

Disaster has struck. I've spent a few hours over the past couple of nights scouring a huge photodatabase collecting photos of rare or unique aircraft for this thread. I had a dozen or so which I had edited to remove rego's or other identification, ready to post. Got up this morning, and my PC refuses to boot up. Now working from my laptop, but I hadn't backed up to my portable hard drive for a week or so. 

Still one awaiting identification.

First thought was firefly...  then I looked at the undercart and it’s all wrong. I’ll be back later if I can think of anything ... it’s one of those visually odd ones with a rear fuselage line that looks too high. 

You're absolutely right, Robert. Although the Falke usually sported a single large wheel underneath, a tricycle version of the SF-25c was offered.

Full name Clutton-Tabenor Fred Series 2,   and you're right about the rego, too. not that I really asked for that, Just pointing out to Mr Perry that it was a UK registered beast.

TGTP02.JPG.cf5b222153cd496ce8377b650f4f56e6.JPG

Does he always kneel in prayer before flying?

No, but at least you can feel like it’s a real plane when kneeled ... they are tiny in real life and looking down on top of a high wings wing can make you feel like a giant.  

For me at near 6’2” I tried getting in one of these and the wing cutout was right in my eyeline !

not one for me. 

Yes, it's the RS 4. The tag on the photo said Desford Trainer.

[ATTACH]38458.IPB[/ATTACH]

Slingsby motor Tudor 

on the RS4 it was referred to as the Desford when it was initially modified from the RS3.  The pic is of it in its final form where it had the prone pilot nose fitted.  In this form it remained RS4 and the bobsleigh name referenced the prone pilot position. 

Phil, I'd say yours is an Aeronca Scout. Any clues on mine with rego G-????

Not a 7AC Champ Peter, . . this one is an L16A.  The only one in the UK.   It was restored by friend Dave Crompton; if you're interested, the entire 4 year rebuild project an be seen on his site, 

www.aeroncal16a.co.uk

And I Hadn't heard of the Clutton - Tabernor, though I'm sure I've actually seen that aircraft somewhere. . .

Not a 7AC Champ Peter,

I did say Scout, not Champ, but I was still wrong. Nickname for the L-16 was Grasshopper.

TGTP04.JPG.57c0fbc3730e2ea93e5ae8c31df6006d.JPG