Guess This Aircraft ?

I got the photo on Pinterest where it was listed as an Ameur Altajet. I have been unable to locate anything on Google relating to it, but I did find a record of a Baljims (no photo), which included the name Ameur. I guess we'll call this one identified and move on.

(Edit: Your post#1201 came through while I was searching Google.)

TGTP111.JPG.a1ce1f028e323c97a8b1a5ed134db22b.JPG

OK, Allied A-2

"The Allied Aircraft Company was one of the over fifty aircraft companies that have been at Wichita, Kansas, USA, some produced one and others built thousands. Allied was formed in 1946 by a six-man team headed by Harry Ragland, the others were Phillips, Walt Davies, Al Landas, Ron Albertson and Ken Haddock.

Designed by Phillips the A-2 featured an all-metal construction with a V-shaped tail, a manually retractable landing gear with a castering nose wheel, and a forward sliding windshield. Powerplant was an 185 hp Continental O-470. Some 35,000 engineering man-hours went into the project before the A-2, registered NX3153K (c/n 21), was flown for the first time by Ragland on April 9, 1948 from Municipal Airport to Wilson Field north-east of downtown Wichita, where about 180 hours of test flights were made. However, a fire destroyed company's workshop, including the production rigs and two A-2s under construction. The following financial difficulties forced the company to close down.

The aircraft was sold to a person in Oklahoma, subsequently owner was Walter Baker in Alva. After a number of years in disassembled state, in 1972 the aircraft remains were sold to Thomas 'Tom' Jackson Balentine of Copan, also in Oklahoma. The aircraft was missing the engine, wings, tail and windows, so it took Balentine a considerable number of years to rebuild the aircraft, the new engine was a 210 hp Continental IO-360 SER. Reregistered N312TJ and designated Thomas/Edra Balentine TJ-2 (c/n 2) on October 11, 1984 (Edra was Tom Balentine's wife), the aircraft made its second maiden flight about a year later, receiving a new CofA on January 11, 1986. In October 2012 the aircraft was flown to Wichita, and on April 5, 2013 the aircraft was registered to the Kansas Aviation Museum, under the initial registration N3153K.

Subsequently two new aircraft were built by Balentine, under the designation Allied TJ they were registered N504WM (c/n 022) to Balentine's friend William S. Martin and N312TJ (c/n 023) to to himself. Balentine flew the N312TJ on his 86th birthday, September 30, 2014."

(Source: 1000aircraftphotos.com)

This particular aircraft is the one registered NX312JT (some photos show it without the X). The photo was taken at Oshkosh 2016. Some references show it with the name Allied TJ-2 Kosh. (Flickr photos, airport-data.com)

This particular aircraft is the one registered NX312JT (some photos show it without the X). The photo was taken at Oshkosh 2016. Some references show it with the name Allied TJ-2 Kosh. (Flickr photos, airport-data.com)

As far as I can tell the rego with the 'X' wasn't valid.

The aircraft appears on airport-data.com with both registrations. I have posted a question on their forums asking about this. One of their moderators or staff will answer that (I've been a member of that site since 2009). Up until 1948, NX registrations indicated Experimental category, but actual registrations since then are simply Nxxxx.

The aircraft appears on airport-data.com with both registrations. I have posted a question on their forums asking about this. One of their moderators or staff will answer that (I've been a member of that site since 2009). Up until 1948, NX registrations indicated Experimental category, but actual registrations since then are simply Nxxxx.

As I intimated, the story of the aircraft was far more interesting than the aircraft itself.

FAR 45.22 covers the "NX" registration marks. basically, old aircraft, or a replica of an old aircraft, with an experimental certificate, and a few other things thrown in the pot.

LASER Z-2300 or REBEL 2300

Neither of those. I can't find any link between the manufacturer of this aircraft and the makers of the other two. Wikipedia has no page on this aircraft but they do on another model by this manufacturer. There are quite a few photos of this aircraft on different web pages.

Neither of those. I can't find any link between the manufacturer of this aircraft and the makers of the other two. Wikipedia has no page on this aircraft but they do on another model by this manufacturer. There are quite a few photos of this aircraft on different web pages.

DR-109. I had dinner with Dan at Oshkosh.

I must say, Dave, this plane looks remarkably similar to the DR-109. It is the only example listed, so could be a one-off, but the manufacturer has two other aircraft, a highwing STOL with 18 registered, and an aerobatic biplane with 17 registered.