Guess This Aircraft ?

Haha, maybe I should have used that one for the puzzle - short answer is I don't know, I hoovered up the photo from somewhere on the 'net and the caption only mentioned the Maverick (Incidentally I have some reservations about referring to something with that sort name with a feminine pronoun). My best guess though would be a Busby Mustang 2, I've seen a couple of different canopy configurations on them and at least one with a similar cowling.

I remember the Leopard was a perennial favourite in the English flying magazines I used to pore over - never did work out how they planned to seal that huge tip-up canopy to enable pressurisation at 55'000 though. Funnily enough I tripped over a video of one of the prototypes flying the other day - not sure if it was just the small size, but it seemed to approach at a fair clip.

• 3 months later...
OK. You should have no difficulty with this one then.[ATTACH=full]47016[/ATTACH]

No good... I'm going cross-eyed, so maybe someone else can spot it.

But how about this one:

1047763135_Capture3VS326.JPG.6d2ef91d3dffaaedbbf687051154d581.JPG

It appears no-one has had success with this one, or wants to take a crack at it, so here it is. This is a Vought VS 326, built on the airframe of the Vought TBU-1 Sea Wolf, and used as a flying test bed for Pratt & Whitney engines.Other photos show it with different engines.

upload_2016-11-27_22-41-6.png.74c8dd2ce0efbb3d70c56add8c0da66d.png

• Informative 1

• 1 month later...
This should be an easy one - four engine transport with a tendency to carry unusual cargoes.

[ATTACH=full]47573[/ATTACH]

Sopwith Camel? x4

Or was that the Antonov Camel?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1

Or was that the Antonov Camel?

Getting close.

Another hint: rear loading, depending on the model it can carry a payload of 45 -50 tonnes of camel, goat, illicit arms or paratroopers.

badr(2).jpg.387552081f9c88bbff034f99a1f9b5b9.jpg

What designation was given to a limited 4 place cabin taildragger which was not put into production, but was re-used 15 years later on a long running high performance retractable?