Guess This Aircraft ?

Thanks Kasper.

I have no idea what that aircraft is,. the pic was sent to me by one of our flying club members; simply labelled 'Horten Aircraft'

The only Horten I'd ever heard of came from Germany in the 1940s.   I'll have to ask again when my friend returns from the U.S. 

Phil.

Well looking up through the links to the aero friendrishaven page this IS the same group that was asking me to do plugs and molds for what was at the time called the HO3000 ... it did not have winglets but the plan form and undercarriange look very Ho3000/Nike/Pul 10

so IF it is not just a nice photoshop image and is a real airframe it WOULD be Hortn derived ... the PUL9 and NIKE/PUL10 were the last designed by Walter before he died in 1998 ... but he will be rolling in his grave at the existence of winglets ... as he was adamant that it must be wing only ... and the virtual span effect of winglets is less than actual span so the ONLY aerodynamic reason to have a vertical is to provide directional stability ... which can be achieved through an appropriately matched flight profile and wing twist ... but the image shows control surfaces on the winglets so they are actually vertical controls not pure vortex management winglets ... fun fun fun

OK. Eight days on #1521. It is a Kieger AK3, alternatively known as the Junkers Profly Junka UL. Manufactured in France by Junkers Profly.

TGTP167.jpg.b0c29bf356e957343d5f73e2e99c59a4.jpg

It's certainly pretty ... but every photo, and also the video, shows a lot of reflex in the elevons which would be concerning me about CG position if I was the test pilot. Unless they presently have the cockpit heavily static-ballasted I'd hate to think what the consequences of a second pilot/pax would be.

All flying wing stuff I've ever come across indicates the stability reflex needs to be built into the airfoil and control surfaces should be neutral in level flight. With the CG where it appears to be at the moment, that one could well come badly unstuck during a landing flare if the speed was allowed to wash off too much. Just a matter of getting the ballasting right, but I wonder why they didn't do that before flying it.

The Rego looks fake to me, I can't find any reference to G-EBWB (or G-E8WB) but to TWITTs (flying wing enthusiasts - The Wing Is The Thing), BWB is usually for Blended Wing-Body, so perhaps they're just having a play with it on the quiet before it has an official rego.

Very much looking forward to seeing their progress in future, nonetheless. Thanks for posting Phil - and for finding the additional references pmccarthy.

The aircraft in #1534 has a number of variants, or aka's, and The Fisher Celebrity is not one of them. Comparing the two, there are a number of differences.

As a matter of interest, look up the Fisher Celebrity aircraft crash video. He bunny hops down the runway till he drifts off the tarmac, runs over a tyre marker, and crashes into the fence and trees at the end of the runway.

The aircraft in #1534 has a number of variants, or aka's, and The Fisher Celebrity is not one of them. Comparing the two, there are a number of differences.

As a matter of interest, look up the Fisher Celebrity aircraft crash video. He bunny hops down the runway till he drifts off the tarmac, runs over a tyre marker, and crashes into the fence and trees at the end of the runway.

Strange how it just floated along, must have had too many revs at idle.