Guess This Aircraft ?

Sorry Jerry, that's not the name of the game. Anyway, the little plane above is a Sauper/Aero Synergie J300 Joker. See more here.

A few more images of the J300 Joker (See Google Images).

1580518170236.png.8b3d1524fb977878dfd747f2e0dbcdf3.png

Have a go at this one Jerry. For those who know, and there will be a few, give him 24 hours due to the time difference.

TGTP307.jpg.a9bf5d16f11f596234e702eaf5870444.jpg

Edited by red750

No need for that Jerry. Only a handful of people on this site have much success picking these aircraft. I guess it's a case of 'You know it or you don't'. I'm in the lucky position of doing the research - I probably wouldn't know any of them myself. I try to make it hard, thats why I go to the trouble of removing any identification. Occasionally I screw up.

Yes Onetrack. The Fawcett 120 was built at Bankstown and first flown in November 1954. Only one was built, and it is still on the Australian Register, and although it has kept the same registration VH-BQC since the beginning, the register shows registration commencement as 23/07/1990. In 1979 the original Gypsy Major engine was replaced with a Lycoming O-360 with a more contemporary cowling. More details can be found here. So don't feel too bad Jerry.

Next photo to be posted shortly, I'm having a bit of trouble with my laptop and external hard drive.

I've had a few problems with the site since we switched back to this software. Now it won't let me add images or edit a post. Have lodged a report in the Site Problems thread. You will have to wait till this is sorted before I can add the next puzzle.

• Informative 1

A straight-wing 1928 Waco ASO, also first called, the 10-W. It was renamed post-1928. A popular alternative name was the 220-T, probably because it was powered by the Wright J-5, rated at 220HP.

You are correct onetrack, a 1928. I didn't notice the tail number, I grabbed the image off the web in a hurry, didn't enlarge it from the thumbnail, and thought the tail number was obscured. The original image I had was labelled 1928 Waco ASO, but was in fact something different. So I quickly grabbed a real photo of the Waco and dropped it in.

This one is a bit different.

TGTP274.jpg.a623097f64e895b52755137252dcd5a1.jpg

Sport Hornet from Higher Class Aviation. Intially produced as the Hornet by US Light Aircraft Corporation, the production was then taken over by Higher Class Aviation.

HCA went out of business around 2008, after getting into serious financial difficulties.

There was some further limited production effort between 2008 and 2011 by another entity, Oklahoma Light Aircraft, but this effort appears to have been a last-gasp, last-ditch effort.

Not to be confused with the Australian Hornet STOL - nor the FA-18 Hornet from McDonnell-Douglas. :cheezy grin:

Edited by onetrack

Yes. Well, very close. This is the higher powered Super Hornet variant, but the airframe is the same.

Damnation - this confounded bug in the system/my login/my laptop won't let me post the next image. I've cleared the cache/cookies twice but that hasn't fixed it. I have the same problem on one of the computers at the Men's Shed, but not the other one. Have to wait till I am back there next Thursday. Doesn't happen on What's Up or any other site.

• Informative 1