Guess This Aircraft ?

The aircraft I have posted are examples of a base aircraft either being modified (heavily/slightly or not at all) or copied then called something else

First one is and always will be an Aeronca but as it's rego says it's a Gilles Fortin.

The same with the float aircraft, obvious Tri-Pacer heritage, they have been called everything from Bushmaster/Javelin Stol to Bearhawk. All based on the poor old Tri-Pacer platform. The float aircraft I posted when you look up the rego of C-GULT says it's an Eagle 180 but it's still a Piper Tri-Pacer, all be it modified.

Even this one

twin_tripacer.jpg.19c0d6028a3ae448be2b13b701ef9d10.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's been over a week, and I'm not surprised it wasn't guessed, it's a fairly obscure French plane, and info wasn't easy to find. This is construction no. 01 and only 2 were built. It is a Paumier MP2 Baladin. Details can be found here.

TGTP315.jpg.f5ef66e4ba5a3509e96ea81b108ed8f7.jpg

Not French, built by a university student flying club. Seems only one built, but more than 25 photos on the net, on most aircraft photo sites. (jetphotos, etc.)

I will end this one quickly, because it is unlikely to be guessed.

Polyteknikkojen Ilmailukerho (PIK) is the student flying club of the Aalto University in Finland. It is similar to the Akafliegs of German Universities. Students make designs with advice from staff to give practical experience before seeking employment. It was formed in 1931 and has since developed light aircraft and gliders, often on a small scale but sometimes its designs have been produced in quantity. The club also owns aircraft that members can rent.

The aircraft in the quiz is the PIK-25 Varttimarkka, the 25th design by the club. The aircraft is appropriately registered OH-XXV.

Let's go back to an American design.

TGTP317.jpg.40240c746127d9a8fea6469c1644c4ab.jpg

Aluminium tube construction, sailcloth covering. One of the 4 million Thruster derivatives

I don't consider any aircraft with a nose wheel to be a Thruster derivative. Are there any Thruster derivatives in that case?

What about the one Rod Birrel was selling in England? That was the same construction as a Thruster with a nose-wheel just called something else.

In the Uk the Thruster T600 was the one developed into a nose gear. It’s quite a bit heavier than the T300 and even the T500 from oz. it’s nice to fly and with the jabiru engine quite pleasant to fly. I did my UK licence cross countries in one and pootling along around southern UK and the Isle of Wight . In oz the name thruster was controlled so when Wade Mahlo started up the idea of building the T600 in orange he chose to use Vision 600 as the name ... and he fitted the 582 and the hks from memory.