• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And for those of us not into 70 years of being a nut ... 40 years + reference library + a job years while at Uni watching hundreds of hours of film and building an index to the archive - getting paid

Seventy plus years of being an aeroplane nut helps! Memory goes back to seeing the Bristol Brabazon fly over Edinburgh. Add to that a bookshelf full of reference books and you have your answer!

Yes, Googles algorithms find virtually everything that has ever been posted for public display. And I've spent 20 yrs fine-tuning my internet searching abilities.   As a little thread drift

Posted Images

Fleet 50 Freighter on floats. You could have them with wheels, if that was your preference. Only 5 were built, by Canadian company, Fleet Aircraft.

Originally powered by 2 x Jacobs 7cyl radials (L-5MB) at 285HP each, the engines were later upgraded to 330HP each (L-6MB). But even at that, they couldn't maintain altitude on one engine, so the aircraft was a flop.

MiG-9E. Reportedly, 10 were built, and went into service. Other reports state only 1 became operational. The design had poor manoeuvrability, and no major performance improvements on other current designs, so the project was abandoned.

I'm surprised this one has taken this long, I expected it to go quickly. I prefer not to give clues, but there are/were at least three of these in Australia and two in NZ. I have the rego's.

Protech PT2 Sassy. I'll do a profile shortly. Here is a photo of one of the Aussie Sassy's.

1647880112_PROTECH-PT-2-SASSYVH-OSP.jpg.05c7f9b0589bd7fc9b8e0e2b3e0e6105.jpg

Now, the next puzzle =

TGTP266.jpg.b38cea59d46152ec0386162c628d97d6.jpg

Close enough, PapaFox, it's the later model, GX. The G3 was introduced in 1997, and the production GX in 2006 with mods to improve handling and turbulence penetration.

Here is what looks like another Cub derivative.

TGTP269.jpg.5d5751377deebbb2de596fce8ec56b14.jpg

(Edit: the posts by kasper and Machtuk came in while I was out picking up a couple of pizzas and I didn't see them till I posted this.)