Guess This Aircraft ?

Certainly from the Pilot's and customers view.  Maybe not the shareholders. They have some big knowledge gaps on the servicing and training side and often choice of aircraft. They'd all probably jump at the idea of a pilotless aircraft that never needs servicing.   Nev

Edited by facthunter
more content.
  • Agree 2

I remember being at Minneapolis airport reading an opinion in Flying (American) magazine about how, when the bean counters asked the pilots and cabin crew what would bring more people and money/revenue to the airline, they answered being on time, having better in flight sustience, etc. The same bean counters went to a marketing agency and asked the same question, to which the response was to paint the tails of the aircraft with someething funky. They did the latter, followed by a PR campaign and low-and-behold, revenues shot up... The airline captain writing the article conceded they were wrong.

• Informative 1

That thing looks like it was built from the wrecked remains of several aircraft and a couple of crashed choppers. Please tell me it never found any buyers.

Edited by onetrack

"All three (prototype) helicopters crashed" ...... "Only three or four of the 32 commercial versions were ever completed, with none of them receiving certification from the Federal Aviation Administration"

Good God, they should've just stuck to canning machinery. The prototypes killed one test pilot and seriously injured another. I wonder if they drew short straws on who was to fly one next? :no way:

• 2 weeks later...

The Moynet 360 Jupiter was a small executive transport built in France in the 1960s. It had an unusual twin- push-pull, single- fuselage configuration. Two prototypes were produced, the second with more power and seating, but no sales resulted.

19 hours ago, red750 said:

Correct Peter. I'm sure you use Google Image Search.

Nah. But I think of good key words that describe it and spend a half hour scrolling! This came up immediately as push pull twin airplane.

Edited by pmccarthy

1 hour ago, pmccarthy said:

Nah. But I think of good key words that describe it and spend a half hour scrolling! This came up immediately as push pull twin airplane.

I enjoy doing that also, it is a good way to discover unusual  and obscure aircraft.