Guess This Aircraft ?

1 hour ago, kasper said:

Not only 10.  Over 20 of them.  The 10 was the modified ju87 with jettisoning fixed gear.

to help - 26 in total built. 

next clue tomorrow 

Can only find the Edgley Optica but 23 of them built apparently. No idea about jettisonable undercarriage though!

Well done.  Yes. The short seamew.  A plane design hit repeatedly with the ugly stick and then given half the power it needed.   Whack a double mamba in the front and I think it would have had half a chance in its role

Edited by kasper

• 1 month later...

The desccription of the Apache's tail rotor I have seen is simply a 4 blade tail rotor. Although the two pairs of blades are not at right angles, they appear to be to one unit and do not counter-rotate. The machine in question has separate tail rotors at the end of two Vee shaped booms.

1431918014_Veerotors.JPG.d574caab05e5404b911a5ca20838f8b1.JPG

I believe the odd spacing of the Apache's tail rotor reduces noise, similar to the odd blade spacing on some fenestrons.

This is a photo of the S-56. It looks nothing like the image above. This aircraft is from around the same era, but is European. It was later modified to a conventional single tail rotor.

S-56.jpg.b85a46d8c7cf666bff55b00cc3b5be23.jpg

Let's put this to rest. The machine I came across was a SNCASE SE-3110 or Sud-Est SE-3110,

a French two seat experimental helicopter with unusual twin, angled tail rotors, first flown in 1950. After brief tests SNCASE decided to concentrate on a closely related but single-tail-rotor design.

se3110-7.jpg.0c88deabc1cde929e306909b0583139b.jpg

Yep. The way to spot the difference from the Bf-109 is the higher placement of the exhausts, like the Spitfire. Bf-109 exhausts are below the propeller drive shaft.

Can’t remember it’s name but I read about it years ago.  It’s an American one off experimental built to be a flying caravan/home for a retired guy and his wife.  But it was under powered when complete and he was losing interest in it.  Was somewhere down south in the USA - can’t recall if it was Florida or Georgia. .  

Yes. Wilson Global Explorer. Sleeping accommodation for 7 persons. Was retired after flying from Australia to France in 1998. A smaller, single engine version, Global Explorer 2 was also built.

1053572824_GlobalExplorerII.thumb.JPG.d0a2a2853e75995e85c25e15661b7cf3.JPG