Anyone else interested in the Aerocat?

Guest Howard Hughes

Guest Howard Hughes

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else in Oz is interested in the Aerocat kit? Not on the market just yet, but shouldn't be too far away.

Choice of Single or Twin, Floats and/or trycycle gear, four seats, seems like the perfect family holiday aircraft to me.

I myself would like a twin amphib version, anyone know the rules or have a link regarding building twin engine experimental aircraft?

Cheers, HH.;)

Interesting looking aircraft! one looks to be turbine powered,

as for the twin engine side of it, i have the plans for a cri cri in my garage, it is possible to build a multiengine experimental aircraft, but it must be VH rego with the SAAA, when i ordered the plans a few yrs ago there was a bit of a grey area with multi engined RAA aircraft.

• 3 years later...

It's about money :-)

FP

Interesting looking aircraft! one looks to be turbine powered, as for the twin engine side of it, i have the plans for a cri cri in my garage, it is possible to build a multiengine experimental aircraft, but it must be VH rego with the SAAA, when i ordered the plans a few yrs ago there was a bit of a grey area with multi engined RAA aircraft.

Love it. I'm all for something different. Not counting the twin, which is somewhat the ugly duckling on floats, the single is right up my alley. Love the cranked wings and shrouded prop. Could never afford one but.