Astronomy joke

ayavner

• 3 weeks later...
Did you know that Saturn is less dense overall than water? If you could find a bathtub big enough and fill it with water, it would float......But it would leave a ring.

Are you serious, or simply trying to lead us astray?

Recently finished reading Stephen's biography, his early years. Brilliant writer. No holds barred, The raw truth. Can thoroughly recommend it.Moab is my Washpot.

Is that "The Fry Chronicles"? I've just downloaded it from the library.

• 2 weeks later...
Who's been watching QI then?

Ah, that programme is crap ! . . I watched it a couple of nights ago and Fry said to one of the regular Luvvie guests that he's taken ten points away, which had been awarded to the bloke on a previous show, when the QI "Elves" discovered that NASA had changed the science on the subject, and that even though his first answer was correct 3 years ago,. . .it WASN'T NOW !

That's not fair !

That Fry bloke might have a brain bigger than a medium sized asterhemoroid ( is that how you spell it? ) but he can still be a right cruel Bytche !

They'd better not do that to me if I ever won "Who wants to be a Millionaire" . . . . it would be a case of. . ." I, Phil Perry,. . .being of sound mind ( now don't start ,. . .) SPENT THE BLOODY LOT so go and stick your'ead up a dead bear's whatsit. "

:-)

On the subject of Mr Fry,. . . .I've seen a couple of clips of him being interviewed when the "R" word came up,. . . I think, in one particular clip, he was being interviewed by the biggest and most popular / long running talk show host in Ireland ( whose name escapes me and I can't be bothered going to Wiki )

Fry was asked where he stood on the "G" and "R" subject generally . . using surgical quality articulation, he proceeded to answer the question . . . . Priceless, the host was appalled . . . . A Must-Watch. . .if you can find the clip ( Sudden brainwave, Gay Byrne, I think was the host )

I must admit I tend to admire people who have a slightly higher IQ than I do, . . . which, I'm sure you will agree gives me plenty of scope for admiration.

Yep he is definitely a non believer.

I just finished his second autobiography (who needs 3+ books to tell the story of their life??)

Mind you, as he said, if there's a way to say something in 10 words he'll use 100.

Very intelligent bloke. But no-one expects QI scoring to be logical, Alan Davies would have gone on strike years ago for his shabby treatment!

It's a satire/comedy. You're meant to laugh at it. All the panelists are comedians. If a fact is mentioned, it's more by good fortune than anything.

I think they're pretty careful to get the facts right, the comedians are there to make fun of them.

Not too sure about the facts. Oranges are not orange, they are green. Could have fooled me I grow enough of them. Asked the difference between a boat and a ship, QI states that a boat is a submarine and a ship is anything else. All due to the germans calling subs, Untersea boats. I always thought it was that a boat could be rowed, don't think I could move a UBoat with oars.

Phil,I'm not getting into that. As stated on the show: facts have a half life. And they are only valid at that time and can be changed.

I have very good experience on that first hand.

Just being jokey FD,. . . . no appropriate "tongue in cheek" smiley available .

Phil :-)