To Bomb or not to Bomb

willedoo

The war criminals Bush, Blair and Howard created this mess by militarily taking another country apart under false pretences.

"false pretences" = Israel.

Lets start bombing Israel and resolve most of the World's problems.

Better still do nothing, just everyone mind their own business.

• Agree 3
  • Winner 1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The plot thickens. CEO of MiG, Sergei Korotkov has denied reports of the supposed MiG-31 delivery to Syria and has said they have no intention of operating the MiGs there.

It looks like the story was started by Turkish news agency, BGN.

http://www.sputniknews.com/military/20150822/1026049778/no-mig-31-for-syria.html

I would agree that all the trouble was caused by Bush, Blair and Howard and I used to think that the military had some brains about how to get in and out of a war. Colin Powell, who I thought was a sensible general was the man who really gave the green light to Bush to go to war. I am sure he knew it was wrong, but the yanks think their president is equal to God. So we are stuck in a real mess caused by politicians and military. Best way out would be to get Country Womens Association to run the world. They couldn't be worse than the UN.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Caution 1

It has now been revealed that Tony 'Mad Monk' Abbott, has actually asked the USA to ask us to go bomb Syria.

It is clearly then not about the need to do, but all about a Khaki by election in Canning and bad polls. Once again sending sending Australia to bomb/kill/maim for political purposes- part of the Liberal DNA.

• Agree 4

Country Womens Association to run the world.

I agree. Instead of war there would be tension-filled baking and jam competitions. The World Cup would have nothing on the World Scone & Tea Cup.

• Like 2

The brylcreme boys are loving it. Not much left to bomb in Iraq after 15 years of continuous war. Think about that for a minute, where were you in 2003? What have you done since then? How many of your friends and relatives have been killed by warring armies?

• Agree 1

I really enjoying visiting this forum. It reminds me how quickly people can make assessments on matters (re national security) based on their armchair commentary. Soon someone will link the Williamtown airspace to a liberal conspiracy aimed at impacting recreational pilots.......

• Agree 1

I really enjoying visiting this forum. It reminds me how quickly people can make assessments on matters (re national security) based on their armchair commentary...

...even though he has access to the best resources, would our leader do any better?

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

I really enjoying visiting this forum. It reminds me how quickly people can make assessments on matters (re national security) based on their armchair commentary. Soon someone will link the Williamtown airspace to a liberal conspiracy aimed at impacting recreational pilots.......

Yep, we should all keep our mouths shut and trust our government, because they know best. If they hadn't gone and kicked Saddam's butt he would've unleashed those WMD's on us. If we hadn't gone into Vietnam it'd be a communist country by now.

Oh, wait...

Damn.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 4

well we did vote them in......If we don't like change it at the next election.

That would be a good idea - Conroy as Defence Minister. Instead of phone cables, we could give him some big aeroplanes and ships to play with.

That would be a good idea - Conroy as Defence Minister. Instead of phone cables, we could give him some big aeroplanes and ships to play with.

Yeah, because Kevin Andrews is such a great choice. This is the man who's had a glowing career so far; overruled the NT's euthanasia laws, against RU-486, against stem cell research, introduced WorkChoices, the Haneef affair, racism against Sudanese refugees, and doesn't believe climate change is happening.

He's also a member of anti-choice and anti-gay conservative organisations such as the Lyons Forum, John Paul II Institute for Marriage and Family and Life Decisions International, and has given speeches for groups such as the Family Council of Victoria and the Endeavour Forum.

So to sum up - a far-right conservative religious fundamentalist nutjob who hates pretty much everything progressive. And we let him play with the big ships and aeroplanes.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 2

Bush was God's mouthpiece on earth so how could anything go wrong? Cheney runs Haliburton. Murdoch reckoned once they went into Iraq, oil would be virtually free. They were ALL warmongers and have arguably done more damage than good, acting for their own self interests. We must learn from past mistakes, or we keep making them. Nev

• Agree 4
  • Winner 1

Syria could be a big legal problem for Australia, who gives us the authority to kill innocent civilians? The Russians will continue to veto any UN action so we can fall under auspices of the coalition of the willing.

Another captain's call that will smash the LNP vote at the next election! I reckon the LNP could be in the wilderness for a decade after Abbott if the polls are accurate.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The problem for the LNP is where do you go after all these crazy policies have failed and been rejected by the electorate? Who will take over the LNP and lead them back to more moderate right wing positions? Looking at the GOP, after every defeat, the right wing just seems to double up on crazy and go all out for a complete collapse of society.

• Agree 4

Syria could be a big legal problem for Australia, who gives us the authority to kill innocent civilians? The Russians will continue to veto any UN action so we can fall under auspices of the coalition of the willing.

I guess only time will tell what happens there. Russia and Egypt have just finished Presidential level meetings and have supported in principle a broad based coalition with Syria to defeat IS. Nothing might come of it yet. Obomber is unlikely to join forces with them, and Assad, quite understandbly, wants nothing to do with the countries that have sponsored terrorism and civil war in his country for the last few years.

It's difficult to imagine a situation where two opposite coalitions would be striking IS at the same time. I doubt Russia would operate there against IS without some sort of approval from the West. On the other hand, if the West was crazy enough to attack government forces, it could hot up a bit.

USA under Bush didn't care about the UN. America doesn't like being constrained. The predictable reaction from Europe was pretty anti American particularly in France. Somewhat ironic since the French gave them the Statue of Liberty. Wars don't fix things. They lay the seeds of ongoing hate for centuries. That's one good thing the EU has achieved. No war among the warring tribes of Europe for the longest time ever.

Tornado. Phoney did the big back flip there. The Ruskies had a big ship off Brisbane in case Abbot cut up rough. Geez we're lucky to have such a respected tough talkin PM to put the rest of the world in it's place. I feel much safer now Nev

• Like 2

The problem for the LNP is where do you go after all these crazy policies have failed and been rejected by the electorate? Who will take over the LNP and lead them back to more moderate right wing positions? Looking at the GOP, after every defeat, the right wing just seems to double up on crazy and go all out for a complete collapse of society.

The trouble is FT, that when zealots take over, they are hard to displace BECAUSE they are zealots. Normal rational beings aren't as fervent or as willing to engage in brinkmanship and so are at a disadvantage. The thing about zealots is that they are often driven by fear and seek the protection of the "herd" and so act as a bloc, which in itself makes them a formidable force to overcome. They view this behavior as "strength", but that strength can be (and all too often is) used for negative purposes.

So what happens if a Russian missile shoots down an RAAF plane? Is Abbott going to shirt front Putin like with MH17?

I guess they'll just get together and hug koalas like last time.