To Bomb or not to Bomb

willedoo

Look what happened to the LNP in QLD, Newman came along and the RWNJs took over the gov and picked fights with just about everyone. Now they are stuck with Laurie for at least another 2 elections and there are no other good options for leaders. Its really a problem because the ALP will just continue going down the path that Beattie and Bligh started and that;s going to lead us into a world of debt without someone "opposing" them.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the conservative side, both state and federally don't seem to have any bright and shining stars in the wings these days.

Bring back John Gorton, I say. At least he liked a beer or twenty.

Who pays CASH for houses? If you wait till you have got all the money you are old and the house is 10 x dearer. Same with a business. Borrow for things that make or save money. Government is the same. The budget "emergency" isn't spoken of at all now even though they have incurred more debt since taking over, and they MIGHT balance it in SEVEN years or so. Nev

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1

well we did vote them in......If we don't like change it at the next election.

We Did vote them in but that didn't give them un challenged power. Our job is to keep them on the straight and narrow and if we fail throw them out quickly to save our country. The idea of a mandate is crap

• Agree 4

NO surprises and accountability for everything. NO CHANGES to ......................... anything really. No my memory must be the problem. I'm sure there were a lot of "assurances" given. I didn't believe them but a lot did. Nev

• Agree 3

The idea of a mandate is crap

Especially when a party lies its way into power. There are those who say Gillard lied, but she said "Let me be clear, I will put a price on carbon". Whereas Abbott said "No cuts to health, no cuts to education, no changes to pensions and no cuts to the ABC or SBS" and then went back on every single one.

• Agree 4
  • Haha 1

I wonder how the RAAF boys are going to feel having that Russian hardware pointed at their aircraft, I dare say the Russians will happily support fighting ISIS if it gives them the added bonus of being able to test the latest passive radar equipment for an extended time.

Well, the conservative side, both state and federally don't seem to have any bright and shining stars in the wings these days.

Well they do, Malcolm Turnbull, who most Labor supporters as well as Liberal would probably vote for right at the moment, given the stunning paucity of other options in the major parties right now. But he's not conservative enough for the Libs.

Abbott and Hockey are Labor's best friends. Brain fart after brain fart - this week alone there's been Hockey's idiotic call to cut income tax to rich folks to avoid bracket creep, the ongoing mess with Dyson Hayden, Hockey surprising his boss with the Republic call, then to cap it off the Border Force fiasco in Melbourne. And that's one week. They're flipping around like a fish out of water.

• Agree 3

He lied, that party lied...bla bla bla............Sorry, the lot of em lie. Generally........they take up the political baton to achieve ???

shortly thereafter, it's all about themselves, it grooms their egoes, it funds a great lifestyle, hrs are rough at times......but hey. Corner a pollie on his own, with hard irrefutable facts he and his party are so so wrong on a particulay point.....the guy will turn to mush, infact he will run. Same guy with colleague will stand together, and together they will defend the indefensible.

Pollies, used car sales people......same DNA. ( answer......work your butt off, conceal everything you can, minimise tax, setup "trusts", keep out of the superanuation circus, buy house blocks, and sit on them for 10....20yrs, these alone, will fund you later, fund you real good. )

I'm long over canberra.

Canberra is off the beaten track, in a lot of ways. They should have tossed a coin on Sydney or Melbourne and saved the money. It looks OK at times but If the family has 3 generations of Public servants in it It's not representative of the average person, any more. Look at the Canberra press club. A self appointed hierarchy of incestuous crumb gatherers. No one will break out of the mould, or they will be shunned. Nev

• Agree 1

Labor and Liberal are as bad as each other. Keep the bastards honest and bote Liberal Democrat Party.

you should go to your local branch meeting and see what a bunch of nut jobs and psychos are behind Leyonhjelm. They can't organize their own party how could they run the government.

• Winner 1

"Liberal and Labor are as bad as each other" is a liberal voter cop out when they realise they backed an out of control street fighter with problems. They can't ditch him but want to as he goes from crisis to crisis, saying the government had a good week. HE put HIMSELF on PROBATION remember. It's not getting better for the LNP. Tones is the gift that keeps on giving for Labor . The LNP just can't make a decision..Nev

• Agree 2

you should go to your local branch meeting and see what a bunch of nut jobs and psychos are behind Leyonhjelm. They can't organize their own party how could they run the government.

Labor and Liberal can't organise their own parties either,

• Agree 1

I wasn't saying that, I was saying you should go to a party meeting and see the nut jobs you want running the country.

I thought we already had that situation.

But maybe some nut jobs are nuttier than other nut jobs.

I guess some news on Syria will show up sooner or later to get back on thread.

I wasn't saying that, I was saying you should go to a party meeting and see the nut jobs you want running the country.

At least they will turn Australia around from being continually turned into a nanny country.

Vote Katter then.

Apparently when Akubra said they were going to source their rabbit skins offshore, he was quoted as being "hopping mad".

He must actually have a sense of humour.

• Like 2

Apparently when Akubra said they were going to source their rabbit skins offshore, he was quoted as being "hopping mad".He must actually have a sense of humour.

Yup and I think Bob is a lot smarter than people give him credit for.

• Agree 4

• 1 month later...
The problem for the LNP is where do you go after all these crazy policies have failed and been rejected by the electorate? Who will take over the LNP and lead them back to more moderate right wing positions? Looking at the GOP, after every defeat, the right wing just seems to double up on crazy and go all out for a complete collapse of society.

It seem as if the Republican Party is going to use their Trump card for the next Presidential election.

• Haha 2