Pudestcon

Riley

It will sadden a number of participants on these forums to learn that Pud (at his own request) has been taken off all medication and that his big trip "Gone West" is anticipated shortly. May you have blue skys and tailwinds wherever you go old son.

• Informative 12

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very sad to hear this. Though I've never met him I've enjoyed his posts on the forum and he comes across as an all-round good bloke.

Thank you for telling us the situation Riley, and I'm sure I would be speaking for many on the forum in asking you to let him know that our thoughts are with him at this time.

Blue skies and fair winds Pud.

• Agree 12

Guest Maj Millard

Pud shared that with me as soon as he knew, but I am very saddened for him and Gay for it to have come to this. Pud and Gay visited Farris' farm south of Cairns a few years back, and I was very happy to meet and spend time with them both plus their other friends from WA.

Pud if you get to read this mate, it was my pleasure to meet you both and I wish you well with your next adventure. I will certainly miss your gentlemanly nature, your friendship, and your contact on this forum.

Best of luck.

Pud,

So sorry to hear. Wishing you a smooth transition. My thoughts are with you and your family; and your flying friends.

Thanks for your input over the years, it has enlightened and enriched our lives. I will miss you.

Fly free.

Sue

• Agree 2

Thanks Pud for the experiences and perspectives that you have shared with us over the years, with that great sense of humour clearly evident. You have enriched our lives.

Though we have never met we have shared the same airspace, have mutual friends, had a common involvement in WA St John Ambulance and both had a love of life in the Western Australian Wheatbelt.

In the days ahead I wish you an abundance of Love, great measure of care, and where possible laughter. Travel well Pud.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I had the privilege of taking Pud and his wife Gay, flying in the Drifter, when they and some of his friends, stayed on our property, a few years ago...He told me about his condition, not long after returning home...I spoke to Gay a couple of nights ago...I`m one of the participants who is greatly saddened!!!

I will always remember this big man, with a huge grin, holding out his hand out and saying, " G`Day Frank, I`m Pud."

Frank.

A message from Gay advised that Ian (dear old Pud) passed away yesterday afternoon. News that I should have been prepared for but it comes hard. I feel selfishly cheated that he'll no longer be around to bless us with his good nature and country boy wit and there were so so many things that we hadn't yet got around to doing. I feel priviledged to have been a mate even if for too short a time. Rest in Peace old buddy.

• Like 5
  • Agree 8

Sincere condolences to Pud's family and friends and thoughts are with you too Riley. It's mighty tough when you lose good mates. Sorry for you.

I think it'd be nice if we at Recflying could send some flowers for the funeral, perhaps some members might care to chip in a few dollars for that? Would you consider organising that Riley? We could send something to you through Paypal or a deposit to your account perhaps? If a few send just $5 or so it would make enough for a nice floral tribute.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

Guest Maj Millard

RIP Pud....condolences to all his friends there in the west and especially his wife Gay. When the Gang came over from Perth to visit Frank Arri (farri) south of Cairns Frank, Pud and myself ended up on Franks favourite beach ( Drifter, Lightwing) and shared some quality time, just the three of us. That's how I'll remember Ian as I know it was a very special day for him also. We'll miss your friendly contribution Pudestcon, that's for sure.

Frank, Pud and myself ended up on Franks favourite beach ( Drifter, Lightwing) and shared some quality time, just the three of us.

Goodonya Ross! That we did! Remember it well....RIP Pud...Condolences to Gay, family and friends.

If a few send just $5 or so it would make enough for a nice floral tribute.

I`ll be happy to contribute...Simply need to know how!

Frank.

• Agree 1

Sincere condolences to Pud's family and friends and thoughts are with you too Riley. It's mighty tough when you lose good mates. Sorry for you.I think it'd be nice if we at Recflying could send some flowers for the funeral, perhaps some members might care to chip in a few dollars for that? Would you consider organising that Riley? We could send something to you through Paypal or a deposit to your account perhaps? If a few send just $5 or so it would make enough for a nice floral tribute.

A very kind suggestion HITC. I will talk with Gay and see what she thinks the big fella would have wanted. Will be in touch shortly. cheers Riley

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

A very kind suggestion HITC. I will talk with Gay and see what she thinks the big fella would have wanted. Will be in touch shortly. cheers Riley

Greetings Gentlemen (and Ladies)

Had a brief natter with Ian's widow this morning. Thankfully she has numerous family members (from both sides) around her and seems to be coping reasonably well. Gay reckoned that Pud would prefer that, rather than floral tributes, a donation to cancer research in his memory would have positive results in slowing and/or eliminating this insidious disease. Accordingly, rather than for me to arrange flowers or to collect and relay offerings, I suggest that forumites could donate directly to The Prostate Cancer Research Foundation of Australia. Their webpage has an 'easy-to-follow' selection of methods in which to donate along with any special directions as to whom honouring. Once achieved, if those participating can send me an email advising of their contribution (not the amount) I'll add their forum (or real) names, to an Rec Flying condolences card to be presented at the funeral (probably next Wed/Thurs). Thanks from Gay to everyone who expressed their tributes and farewells on the forums. I'm know she appreciates hearing of just how well thought of Pud was. Enjoy life folks - it's a gift we sometimes don't take time to appreciate while we're doing it.

• Like 2