AusFly 2015 reports

flyvulcan

I figured someone should start a thread where any folks that make it to AusFly can post a record of their time there.

Photos of aircraft, videos and reports about interesting aircraft, products, goings on etc. would be welcome in this thread.

So, who will be the first to post a photo of their aircraft at AusFly?

• Informative 1

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just been mustered out of underwing camping by 4 wheel bikes. Apparently more of CASA rules.

You have got to be kidding, something done for 50 years is suddenly a problem to CASA. Tell 'em to Pi$$ Off

I have just contacted an SAAA National Councillor who is on site at Narromine to advise him about this camping under wing problem. He was not aware that there was an issue. He will chase it up immediately to try to get it clarified/resolved.

I shall post here as soon as I get an answer back from him.

I'm all set to fly to Narromine in the morning, but if I can't camp under the wing I won't go.

And i think this is what CASA wants, they want to scare you from going.

I just got this response from the SAAA Secretary who asked me to post it on this forum. Camping under wing is definitely allowed. You just need to indicate to the marshallers on your arrival that you intend to underwing camp and you will be marshalled to the appropriate area.

Folks,

CASA has insisted we do not allow camping in areas under the display area. That is completely reasonable.

We advertised underwing camping, and I asked people to tell the marshals of their intention to camp under wing, and they will be guided to the underwing camping area.

It’s a beautiful day, come and join us and camp in the designated areas.

See you soon!

Shirley Harding

SAAA Hon National Secretary

• Like 4

So does this camping issue suggest that the flying displays will be over parked aircraft?

This will be at odds with the past where ALL parking areas have been pedestrian areas at past Narromines'...

is going to Ausfly as a day trip from sydney a reasonable idea?

From sydney, you are looking at around a four to five hour drive (one way), depending on how pushy you are..

Longer if you believe Google Earth!

The camping is allowed BUT during the display the parked aircraft are within the safety area. After the display finishes you are allowed to return to your aircraft. CASA rules not the SAAA. Don't blame the messenger please. Good turnout for a "working day" and great weather today.

Sorry if I caused some misunderstandings, it is only while display is on( 3hours). Only just now checking back to forum. However be warned if you are flying in for the day you can't leave till after 4pm which may not be possible to return home before last light depending on how far you need to fly. By the time you access your aircraft, untie it and taxi, time is getting away.

• Informative 1

Great show and perfect weather! Carpark packed to overflowing today.

That's great news! The recreational aviation fraternity really needs to get behind AusFly and make it the "go-to" event on the annual aviation calendar.

So, can we please get some photos posted here for those like me that couldn't make it? We are hanging out to feel like we are a part of it, even if we couldn't make it there.

And

Air displays great, Awesome weather, no reason not to come.Didnt see any interfereance or even ramp checks??

Well organised and pretty relaxed

Minister Truss onsite today, yay

lets hope this is the new beginning for events like this that were so popular years ago. Congrats to the organisers

I'm sorry I missed it! but the weather over the escarpment at 3pm onwards was pretty nasty so I'm glad I didn't try and make it a day trip (and the Alpha doesn't have enough room for it to be much more than an overnight, in a hotel).