wow...

ayavner

Remember the 3 + 3 fuel levy that was applied to fuel in New South Wales years ago? It was a three cent levy which was to be applied for three years and the revenue was for road works. I'm sure that it was never revoked and I can't think of how long ago that was because since then I've developed Old Timers' Disease.OME

I remember having 3 cents per litre 'nicked' from me by Nick Greiner, the Premier of New South Wales. He the person who set up the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) and then, some years later was found corrupt himself by the same ICAC.

This was supposedly for three years but the 3 x 3 levy was, to my knowledge, never revoked.

Remember the 3 + 3 fuel levy that was applied to fuel in New South Wales years ago? It was a three cent levy which was to be applied for three years and the revenue was for road works. I'm sure that it was never revoked and I can't think of how long ago that was because since then I've developed Old Timers' Disease.OME

It was in the late 1980s, I think it was 1989, the year after the NSW government overspent on the 1988 bicentenary celebrations.

10c/ltr rebate on fuel in Qld removed by the Qld ALP. Not likely to be reinstated by either side of politics.

I agree: it is very unlikely to be brought back. All governments seem to be running deficits and these deficits are paid for in three different ways:

1. by borrowings.

2. increasing taxes.

3. reducing spending. The 10c/litre rebate falls into this category.

I think Nick Griener was cleared of all those charges.(just to protect the record,) but by then he had resigned. Fuel prices are not high in Australia, in relative terms, compared with most countries.. With the lower dollar we will pay one day though. The current world oil price is very low historically.

Brazil has some planes operating on pure ethanol..Nev

I think I saw a MTA pamphlet once that showed for every $1 you pay for petrol, the govt gets around 60c and the petrol company makes a profit of around 2c. the rest is oil and refining and transport overhead.

So who is scoring when the pump price of fuel is, say $1.15 at 7:00am and suddenly is $1.42 at 9:00am? And no fuel tankers have been seen delivering fuel/

OME

In a capitalist society, good business management is about creating profits!...In a free society,the vendor/supplier, should have the right to set the price they want for their product.

Frank.

Was out on the Nullarbor last week on a whale survey. Avgas at Caiguna was $3.15/L and at Nullarbor $3.20 or so. Made Albany and Esperance look cheap at $2.35/L. Needed 140L on one fill and the bill was over $600!! After that, I couldn't afford food from the roadhouse!! happy days,

I couldn't afford food from the roadhouse!!

On my Ferry trip to alice, I went over to Avgas (was using 98 out past Moree) at Thargomindah for $2.28 a litre.

Not too bad considering it's about $2.20 here at Taree.

Changed when I got to Birdsville though, $3.16 a litre !

As for the roadhouse, (or bakery as it was) the food was pretty expensive without worrying about the cost of fuel.

ie; small sausage roll, chicken/mayo bun and a small box iced coffee = $26.50 036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif

Was out on the Nullarbor last week on a whale survey. Avgas at Caiguna was $3.15/L and at Nullarbor $3.20 or so. Made Albany and Esperance look cheap at $2.35/L. Needed 140L on one fill and the bill was over $600!! After that, I couldn't afford food from the roadhouse!! happy days,

This is ridiculous and will be the final nail in the GA coffin.