I passed too!

Guest toose70

Guest toose70

Hi Guys...

Passed my BAK a week and a half ago, and the radio endorsement theory exam on the weekend :) Also passed the pilot certificate flight test :)

Flight crew application form gets faxed tomorrow! should have my Pilot Cert this week sometime.

Now building up PIC time for the passenger endorsement.

Thanks for your advice.

cheers

Andrew

Guest morgan000

Congratulations!!!!

Whats a pilot cert? is the RA training different from GA?

Sorry if its a dumb question, just curious.

Guest toose70

Yeah....a pilot certificate is the GA equivalent to GPFT. IE can fly 25nm (although i think GA is 15nm??) around the training area. To achieve this you need a minimum of 20 hours dual, 5 hours PIC, and have passed BAK, and radio exams. To obtain a passenger endorsement you need to have a minimum of 10 hours PIC. The next most common endorsement is xcountry, which then enables you to fly anywhere is the country ie non-controlled airspace daytime VFR.

cheers

Morgan

The required training for Pilot Certificate is a minimum 20 hours made up of 15hrs minimum dual and 5hrs minimum solo. This allows you to fly within 25 nautical miles from your airstrip. The next step is to do a minimum of 5hrs to get your cross country which is also made up of both dual and solo. The solo part of your cross country count towards your passenger endorsement but you will need a couple more hrs of solo to get that.

It is all listed here http://www.recreationalflying.com/training.htm

Hope this helps