ios 9 (AvPlan & OzRunways)

Robbo

Guest Andys@coffs

so that would be IOS9.0...........when it gets to 9.1 or 9.01 after all the security experts have played with it, or 9.2/9.02 when the all the oldest machines have had a chance to install and then complain on the net how hopelessly slow it is on their older beast...then I might install but as nothing is currently broken and there is nothing requiring 9.0 then I'll wait.....Is there a reason to be at the bleeding edge? My view is unless you have to bleed let someone else do it

Andy

People have been testing it for a few months, they have been using the final version (that we get in 4 hours) for the past two weeks and there all saying they got longer battery life and all running smoothly. Check out whirlpool.

• Caution 1

Guest Andys@coffs

Yeah....I understand....I mean its rare that anything slips past the Beta testers.........Gosh I cant even recall when Apple had to rush out the minor version increase within the first week to address some critical security hole or completely broken functionality.....discounting the last 4 major upgrades when they did....but you know that was the exception......

We've (AvPlan EFB) done a bunch of testing and all looks OK. We always recommend caution (i.e., don't update before a major trip, or both devices at once (if you carry a backup)

Thanks

Bevan..

For people who need to access websites "desktop view" you used to pull down the address bar but now if you hold down the refresh icon in the address bar you will now get that option.

Handy as most websites force the mobile version of there website but by using this option is overides it and opens the desktop site.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Andys@coffs

Hmmm I see the first bug fix update to 9.01 has been released...about the same few days before release as the last 2 major version updates....Im not knocking them for the update, it was inevitable for apple as it is similarly inevitable for other OS writers on their major version releases.....its so inevitable that those in the know let others at the bleeding edge do the bleeding for them.......http://www.dailytech.com/Apples+First+Fixes+to+iOS+9+Land+w+iOS++901+Release/article37495.htm

Hmmm I see the first bug fix update to 9.01 has been released...about the same few days before release as the last 2 major version updates....Im not knocking them for the update, it was inevitable for apple as it is similarly inevitable for other OS writers on their major version releases.....its so inevitable that those in the know let others at the bleeding edge do the bleeding for them.......http://www.dailytech.com/Apples+First+Fixes+to+iOS+9+Land+w+iOS++901+Release/article37495.htm

I did the 9.1 update this morning, I haven't had any problems with any of the updates on my 5 but a mate has had problems with his 6

There is no way i'm updating my ipad prior to some positive feedback ( i run avplan on ipad)

Tooooooooooo many updates with issues...

My wife is already tearing her hair out with issues on various apps from the update on both ipad and iphone 6

I am also still sorting out issues for myself and clients on windows 10 updates

its the best windows update yet, but still has lots of tiny issues

my motto........updates into apple products.....iphone,ipad........i ignor them for mths and mths. ( my ph and pad are working just great, thankyou very much, be damned if i'm going to stuff it all up )

• Agree 2

Guest Andys@coffs

well....be aware of this then..... http://www.itnews.com.au/news/apple-ios-9-users-complain-new-feature-is-eating-up-data-409744

Which to be clear isn't a bug, just a behaviour that most who update wont be aware of, and as we all know from bill shock in the past...mobile internet isn't cheap when large amounts of it are consumed without knowledge

Andy

• 5 months later...