ADS-B

JohnMcK

Guest pelorus32
I understand that, I could put my 630kg J3 on the RAAus register by similar 'sleight of paper', but that was not my point, my point was that there is a direct linkage between the FAA 600kg limit and the FAA RPL, and that a US registered 600kg LSA carries the national 'N' registration recognized by international charter, as I believe will a part 103 RAAus administered aircraft carry 'VH' registration. The FAA RPL is the model for our impending 'Sport Pilot Licence', and the RPL is limited to 600kg. Overall we seem to be moving toward international standardization here, and I don't think CASA will be too keen to go it alone. I am aware that a submission is mooted, as is one from the SAAA (and allies) proposing a self administered limit up to the full PPL 5700kg, (indeed this is obliquely referred to in the part 103 NPRM), I do not however personally believe either will succeed, I hope I'm wrong, only time will tell.

Hi Browng,

I'm interested in a couple of comments that you've made about the "impending Sport Pilot License". I would be interested in comment from John McK and others here as I had understood that this was a kite that had been flown but not really picked up.

As far as international standardisation is concerned: I'm not convinced that we will simply follow the US. We have provided the leadership in many ways to date. Why shouldn't we continue to do so? LSA isn't some fabulous new frontier. It was the FAA and AOPA's way of getting a viable ultralight sector which they, unlike us, did not have. Sure the ASTM standards and the notion of using the manufacturer as the airworthiness authority are innovations.

Kind regards

Mike