Not only here

red750

indeed a very sad read (without being direspectful)! makes me think though, what human factors are involved here. why would the pilot put himself and the lives of others in such a situation considering his unlicensed/no medical and very low time in such an aircraft and no flight plan filed. i wonder what was happening during those rapid decent and claims! RIP

• Caution 1

• 2 weeks later...

low time and night time. could of been out of CoG with more pax in the back. if I was there I would of refused to board that plane. stay on the ground enjoyed being a live chicken.

• Agree 1

low time and night time. could of been out of CoG with more pax in the back. if I was there I would of refused to board that plane. stay on the ground enjoyed being a live chicken.

I'd agree there, live chicken sounds like a good option.

Reminds me of a time many years ago in Hall's Creek, WA. We had a Cessna 206 and the boss was talking for days about how the five of us with all our bags and swags would pile in and fly home.

When the day came, all the gear was crammed in the back, the 18 stone pilot got in with his 20 stone dad beside him.

Next row back was the 17 stone mechanic and another 14 stone bloke. When I squeezed my 12 stone in the back, the plane tipped backwards and sat on it's rear.

So then I got out with my gear and someone else's gear and volunteered to take the bus home. Later on, the pilot told me they only just cleared the terrestial obstacles taking off from Tennant Creek, even without myself and the extra gear, due to the heat. I arrived home about five days later very much alive.

Cheers, Willie.

• Winner 2

I'd agree there, live chicken sounds like a good option.Reminds me of a time many years ago in Hall's Creek, WA. We had a Cessna 206 and the boss was talking for days about how the five of us with all our bags and swags would pile in and fly home.

When the day came, all the gear was crammed in the back, the 18 stone pilot got in with his 20 stone dad beside him.

Next row back was the 17 stone mechanic and another 14 stone bloke. When I squeezed my 12 stone in the back, the plane tipped backwards and sat on it's rear.

So then I got out with my gear and someone else's gear and volunteered to take the bus home. Later on, the pilot told me they only just cleared the terrestial obstacles taking off from Tennant Creek, even without myself and the extra gear, due to the heat. I arrived home about five days later very much alive.

Cheers, Willie.

That was a good 'human factors' decision, willedoo. Who know what would have happened if you had stayed on board?

• Agree 1